See if anybody remembers this one

PiLfan

Reaction score
haven't seen this one talked about on here yet....it's really trippin'.

it's a short animated skit of the letter z....real old, probably from early 70s.....it's an all white background with nothing but a simply drawn, orange-colored character as the 'protagonist' of sorts......it starts with him sleeping, going "ahh-zzz, ahh-zzz, ahh-zzz"...then he wakes up and does a weird dance that goes something like:

Zip!

Zoom!

Zoom!

Zig!
Zag!

(pause)

Zany!

then it ends with him behind bars (quite appropriately, as he was kind of annoying), and some narrator in a damning voice says, "Zoo".

and the "zaniest" thing of all, is this dude had antlers.........yep, antlers. he was basically some freaked out homosapien crossed with an elk. :confused:

so anyways, was just meandering down memory lane for a bit, came across this dusty old closet capsule, and thought i'd throw it out there to see if anyone else remembers it.

it's odd...it's irregular....in other words, it's a classic SS short.

:big_grin:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember this one!!!!

Ah, yes, that great early 70's trip. Somewhere in my archives I have this clip buried somewhere, and I always liked it too. The trippy orange thing with the purple antlers going Zip! Zoom! ZOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!! Zig Zag ZANY!!! Until some higher force confines him to a cage. "ZOO!!!!" But even stuck behind bars, our friend still has a smile on his face.

PiLfan

Reaction score
the small v skit

speaking of weird animation shorts from the early 70s...this one kind of freaked me out as a kid....i'm not sure how much of it goes, but it's just the letter v falling through the sky, and some narrator going...

"smaaaaaaaaaaaaaall v...v...v v v v va va va voooooooooooooom!!

then the v changes into an autonomous mouth that goes "La la la la la la la...La la la la la la la..." (the v word it was emphasizing was 'voice' i think).

then it va-voooooms again into some cranky old guy playing the violin...this part kind of scared me when i was little because "v"'s were used to animate his eyebrows and beard, and when he misplayed a note he looked mega ******.

then it va-voooms one more time...the v temporarily turns into a flock of birds flying in the "v" formation...then it keeps falling and finally lands on a purple head, becoming the ears of what is either a spooky looking rabbit or gopher......the rabbit/gopher creature then reveals itself as the narrator, ending the cartoon with a rather creepy and reverberating "smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall v"

:boo:

yet another archive from the vault....i never quite saw the real educational value in some of these obtuse shorts, but i find them endearing nonetheless as memories from a simpler time...yeah, i'm hoping the ctw or whatever it is now puts together a special dvd on just these classic shorts from the show's first 20 years...i think they'd be surprised at how many old schoolers would want to pick them up...kind of like the old tapes of "school house rock"...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
spooky small v

Oh my gosh, that small v one freaked me out too! Yes, that little bunny rabbit with a v for ears with that reverb-laden voice, and that psychotic stare in his eyes.... ooooh, man! Not for the weak-hearted. The only thing creepier than that was that later on in the same show, they would show that other "v" cartoon with the Viking, Vanishing Violets, and that extra-scary Vampire! Scared me to death.

Funny, now I have them both on tape from when our local PBS station aired them back in the early 90's, and it's some things that don't make us blink now scared the bejeezus out of us when we were little.

Thanks for sharing and making the letter "V" a little less frightening.

Xerus

Reaction score
PiLfan said:
speaking of weird animation shorts from the early 70s...this one kind of freaked me out as a kid....i'm not sure how much of it goes, but it's just the letter v falling through the sky, and some narrator going...

"smaaaaaaaaaaaaaall v...v...v v v v va va va voooooooooooooom!!

then the v changes into an autonomous mouth that goes "La la la la la la la...La la la la la la la..." (the v word it was emphasizing was 'voice' i think).

then it va-voooooms again into some cranky old guy playing the violin...this part kind of scared me when i was little because "v"'s were used to animate his eyebrows and beard, and when he misplayed a note he looked mega ******.

then it va-voooms one more time...the v temporarily turns into a flock of birds flying in the "v" formation...then it keeps falling and finally lands on a purple head, becoming the ears of what is either a spooky looking rabbit or gopher......the rabbit/gopher creature then reveals itself as the narrator, ending the cartoon with a rather creepy and reverberating "smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall v"

:boo:

yet another archive from the vault....i never quite saw the real educational value in some of these obtuse shorts, but i find them endearing nonetheless as memories from a simpler time...yeah, i'm hoping the ctw or whatever it is now puts together a special dvd on just these classic shorts from the show's first 20 years...i think they'd be surprised at how many old schoolers would want to pick them up...kind of like the old tapes of "school house rock"...
I remember seeing a Spanish version of that same cartoon. Only the Spanish voice was a lot deeper and scarier sounding. And instead of VOOM, it went VUUM. And that girl's voice singing was replaced by a guy's scratchy voice and the word VOZ appeared. And violin was the same, only one of the I's was hypened. And the rabbit appeared a bright pink color.