Scale

PetalGelfling

Reaction score
There are a lot of creatures in the world of Fraggle Rock. But what exactly are the heights of these creatures in reference to humans?

I'll give a list of the main creatures in which I speak of.

Gorgs
Fraggles
Doozers

I guess stick to the basic characters that are always present in every episode.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I don't know where the pic is that is OFTEN referenced for this question, but here's the long and the short of it:

Gorgs (roughly 20 to 24 feet tall, with Junior being tallest)
Fraggles (roughly 1.5 to 3 feet tall, about the same as the average Muppet such as Kermit)
Doozers (six inches, mentioned specificially by Red)

These are based on the idea that Jim Henson wanted just about everyone to be "knee-high" to just about everyone else. In other words, we humans are roughly knee-high to a Gorg, Fraggles are knee-high to humans, and Doozers are knee-high to Fraggles.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The OP is asking about "scale". In other words, how high are the species in relation to other species. If you had a two-foot tall creature and a four-foot tall creature, the 4ft'er would be "twice the scale" of the 2ft'er, more or less.

Slackbot

Reaction score
As opposed to scales, which Fraggles don't have and Merggles do. Or the scales that the Minstrels might sing to warm up.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL.

Think about it this way, Collgoff:

The Gorg's garden, from their perspective (because they are so huge), looks like a minor cottage with a tiny front lawn. However, to Fraggles, who are 10 times smaller, the place could take days to traverse in its entirety.

Or like how you could walk easily down the sidewalk, but a toddler or something would have to run to keep up.

Collgoff

Reaction score
The OP is asking about "scale". In other words, how high are the species in relation to other species. If you had a two-foot tall creature and a four-foot tall creature, the 4ft'er would be "twice the scale" of the 2ft'er, more or less.
Oh that's makes seans a lot.

PetalGelfling

Reaction score
I have to laugh at Slackbot's post. LOL I didn't think that the title for my discussion could be so flexible hehehe!

Thanks Red Piggy for your input. I always wondered how big a Doozer would be to a Gorg. I guess maybe about an inch? Since Fragles are about 6 inches to a Gorg?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I suppose. When Ma Gorg lost her ring (ok, Junior lost it), it is a wonderful example of the differences of scale. On Ma, naturally it fits around her finger. Gobo picks it up and it could fit around his head (more or less). It falls into a Doozer wagon and seems to be about the size where a Doozer could walk or crawl through (would have to watch the ep again to check, but it's at least the width of the wagon). When it gets to Outer Space, Doc uses it as a pipe washer but it could easily be a bracelet on a human being.