Saying Goodbye (demo) on MC Radio

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jeff Moss singing "Saying Goodbye" came from an interview with him from the early '90's. He was on the public radio show "Fresh Air". A cousin of mine gave me a copy of the show and one of his books for Christmas about ten years ago.

For more info on Jess Moss, check out his tribute...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/tributes/jeff_moss.shtml

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Phil,

That's a wonderful find which you are very fortunate to have a copy of.

I think Jeff Moss was an incredible talent and has quickly become one of my favorite songwriters. He, along with Joe Raposo, gave the Muppets a wonderful musical voice. I truly love the music from the early days of the street but I think that Jeff's is the best. His songs can be, hip, poignant, beautiful...any range of emotions.

Thanks for sharing the song with us, Phil and thanks for the response.

take care,

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Phil:

Where did you get the demos of Joe Raposo singing the SS theme, Bein' Green, and Sing? (I haven't heard them, but Warrick says they air on MC Radio from time to time). And furthermore, if you have them (as I suspect when I listen to the songs on MC Radio), where did you get the piano-only versions of the "Ol' Brown Ears is Back"?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Joe Raposo songs that are commercially available are on the "Sing the Songs of Joe Raposo CD". Joe Raposo singing "Little Things" is also included on the "Sesame Street Best" 2-CD collection. I think Time-Life is still selling Sesame Street Best.

As far as what's on MC Radio, the other songs come from actual episodes of Sesame Street. I love Raposo's vocal work, especially since it's being used less and less every year on Sesame Street so I'm trying to record as much of it for MC Radio as possible.

Concerning the Rowlf tracks, not all of them include a symphony accompaniment on the "Ol' Brown Ears" album so that's likely what you are hearing. There are also some songs on that album that I have multiple versions of. Hopefully that helps to describe what you are hearing.

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman

As far as what's on MC Radio, the other songs come from actual episodes of Sesame Street. I love Raposo's vocal work, especially since it's being used less and less every year on Sesame Street so I'm trying to record as much of it for MC Radio as possible.
Phil, I really agree with you on your opinions of Mr. Raposo's vocal work. Very distinct. Do you have a favorite vocal performance of his?

I would have to say that mine is "Everybody Sleeps" there's just something about that song and the way he sings it that really captures my heart. It was one of my very favorite interstitials growing up.

I also like his version of "Somebody Come and Play". The way he sang it always made me feel so sorry and lonely for the chimpanzee that was shown on the video.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
But Philip...Warrick tells me there are some versions of Raposo songs (not the lesser-known ones, but ones like the SS theme, "Bein' Green," and "Sing") that are sung by Raposo himself. They are not on any commercial album, so if you have them...where did you find them.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not have Joe Raposo vocal versions of "Bein' Green," "Sesame Street Theme" and "Sing". There are some clips of him singing these songs on the 1990 PBS tribute special but I don't think they are the complete versions.

There are vocal songs of his like "Somebody Come and Play" and "J-Jump" which are from Noggin Unpaved episodes that you can hear on Muppet Central Radio.