Sad, sad, very sad "Angel" news

Jennifer12

Reaction score
AICN is reporting that WB has opted to make this the last season of Angel. I'm still upset over Cordelia dying and now this. Bummed. :frown: :cry:

Jennifer

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I wondered if that show was still on. Never watched it though.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Very sad indeed. Lots of Internet sites are going crazy over the news.

We're hoping for word that it might get picked up by UPN or something...but it doesn't seem very likely.

Well, at least the writers know what's happening several episodes before the final one films. They have time to write a proper ending to the show, rather than what happened with Farscape.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
P.S. I forgot to add: this week's Angel episode is well worth-watching. Angel gets transformed by some evil kid's show producers into a puppet! Drew Massey, a sometimes Henson puppeteer who performed Count Blah on Greg the Bunny, is performing the Angel puppet. Several other puppeteers when Henson/Greg ties are performing as well.

Sounds very funny and clever. Don't miss it!

(It's on Wednesday at 9 p.m./8 Central on the WB in the U.S. Check your local listings for showtime and channel, which you can do at www.tvguide.com.)

leliebel

Reaction score
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they ight switch channels instead. I don't have much hope though... They allready informed the cast and crew.

No more Spike... :cry:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
You never know what will happen. The WB also dropped Buffy in it's 5th season. UPN could use all the hits it can find. Don't see where else they could take the series that it hasn't been though. I would like to see the final "Apocalypse" they're always referring to. Maybe even Angel being "restored" as a human.

Spoilers follow...

Fred's going to die apparently. Some evil thing will take over her body and kill her and Wesley will seek revenge. Connor (Angel's son) is coming back and he'll eventually kill the demon that banished Connor to a **** dimension as a baby. This will neatly tie up the Angel/Holtz/Connor storyline from season three. Gunn's mental "reboot" will also be apparently dealt with so all this along with Cordie's death makes it look like they are wrapping up all the loose ends just in case.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
A petition has been launched to save the show. I would imagine Mutant Enemy is going to do their best to shop the show around anyways (and even the WB will attest to the show's outstanding quality) but it can't hurt to add your voice ~ http://www.petitiononline.com/angels6/

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i don't watch the show, and i rarely watch the wb, but last nights episode was about angel becoming a puppet!!!

talk about a bad idea....yeesh

ryan

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's official - Angel is all but dead. IGN Filmforce is reporting that UPN has declined to pick up the series because they are in bad financial shape - partially due to the high license fees they paid for the final seasons of Buffy - and they feel that Angel is just too expensive. The producers have also said they had to drastically lower the budget for season 5 and weren't prepared to have the show go on with lesser production values.

The WB has left the door open for Angel TV movies - especially if their Dark Shadows remake tanks. Joss Whedon has said that a very big finale is planned. Sarah Michelle Gellar has said that despite reports to the contrary she's willing to do a guest appearance in the final episodes if asked provided she has finished shooting her current movie.