"Russian" promo

dwmckim

Reaction score
For those keeping tracks of the various promos/ads for "The Muppets", i saw a hilarious one which aired during One Life to Live today...

:15 second clip...shot of Walter then one of Kermit but the dialogue coming out of their mouths are in (badly lipsynced) Russian - cut to Vogue Piggy "what the...?" shot.
Announcer: "Note: The Muppets do NOT speak Russian in this movie...:
Shot of "hello's" from barbershop quartet in Russian.
Announcer: "We just wanted to see if you were paying attention."
Shot of Animal with Russian dialogue.
"The Muppets. Rated PG"
Pepe: "November 23rd - ha ha!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u64ZOI3xwc

This seems like something that would have totally scared the crap out of me when I was younger.

According to one of the comments, Beaker is saying "menya menya" basically saying a poorly translated "Mee Mee" or rather "Me Me" the pronoun. But I can't vouch for that.

Stulz

Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna post about that. I think it first aired during SNL last week. Can't wait to see what they do this week!

Natalia

Reaction score
As a native Russian speaker, I could only identify the following words: "They want...", "you", "knew", "hello", "me, me" and "Good buy". Not that I want to question the Muppets' pronunciation skills :smile: but it was challenging. All the more reason to see the movie! I bet, they will play on yet one more "Russian villain" character there :smile: