• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. An official DVD is on the way.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Rumour: Muppet Shorts Coming to Disney+

Status
Not open for further replies.

cahuenga

Reaction score
This is the series Disney + was planning? or its another project??

GroovyMuppet6

Reaction score
Gosh, I hope it's not just shorts the Muppets are going to do on the streaming site. I was kind of hoping for a full-fledged half-hour episode series.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just as intrigued by these rumors as anyone but I really want to see more from the Muppets.

MWoO

Reaction score
It seems every MCU side character is getting a show on this service and the Muppets just get some improv shorts?

Pig's Laundry

Reaction score
The fact that it's unscripted is really intriguing to me. I guess this means the performers will get to do some improv, which is always fun.
Maybe this is the era of more performer driven Muppet content we've been asking for!
It seems every MCU side character is getting a show on this service and the Muppets just get some improv shorts?
Hey, i'm not complaining. Maybe this is what we're getting before we get a full series.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Tbh I'm not pleased with the series that is being proposed because i feel it's an overused plot and something alot better can be done

But these shorts give the performers a chance to let the muppets just be the muppets without having any outside writers come in

Status
Not open for further replies.