Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero (aka Battle of the Bands)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey, gang! Trying to look for a quick answer to a question I have. I've recently gotten incredibly interested in Rock Band after I participated in a tournament my school hosted. So now, logically... I'd love to get it for myself on my Wii.

Now MY questoin is, should I get Rock Band or Guitar Hero: World Tour? Both have the guitar/drum/mic combo and I just don't know which one I'd rather have, ya know. Does anyone prefer one of them?

Thanks guys! :big_grin:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I've heard lots and lots of nice things about Rock Band since it came out. But I'm a big Gutair Hero fan. If I had to guess, I'd go with Rock Band.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
They have Rock Band tournaments in school? Witch school is that? The school of rock? :crazy: :cool:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
They have Rock Band tournaments in school? Witch school is that? The school of rock?
Haha close... :stick_out_tongue: Except not really. :wink: No, my high school just decided to have a tournament as a fundraiser. Uncortunately, though, they didn't make much money.

But thanks for the advice, Colby! I think I am going to go with Rock Band, after much thought.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I actually have the same sort of question, only, all I have is a Wii and a PS2 and I have never played any of those type of games. I am left handed and have CP so I am wondering which is the more forgiving but still fun (most of all with the left handed part and the fact that I have never played a guitar) :frown:

For normal people I have heard Guitar Hero is better...

Pork

Reaction score
Well my brother has a PS3, and I think he's going to go with Guitar Hero World Tour, it being more recent, might be better graphics wise and alos he likes the songs on it better. I recommend you check out the playlists and picke you one with the songs you like the best. I don't really think there's much of a difference, but I have never played rock band, does it have like characters that you can personalize and buy outfits and guitars for?

Anyway as a side note, my brother is going to buy GTWT soon. So that is gonna rock!

Ignorance

Reaction score
I actually have the same sort of question, only, all I have is a Wii and a PS2 and I have never played any of those type of games. I am left handed and have CP so I am wondering which is the more forgiving but still fun (most of all with the left handed part and the fact that I have never played a guitar) :frown:

For normal people I have heard Guitar Hero is better...
It's easier for left-handed people to play guitar, in my opinion. Strumming is done with the right hand, fingering and chords and stuff is done with the left.
If you're a lefty, the harder part will go to your dominant hand, which is good. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's easier for left-handed people to play guitar, in my opinion. Strumming is done with the right hand, fingering and chords and stuff is done with the left.
If you're a lefty, the harder part will go to your dominant hand, which is good. :smile:
But a left handed guitar flips things doesn't it? My right hand is not very strong at all..when I say I am left handed I mean very much- only write with-only use the mouse with- only drink with-left handed :coy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well... I ended up buying Rock Band and I'm extremely happy with my choice. For one thing, it was much cheaper than Guitar Hero: World Tour would've been--even with the "Rock Band Track Pack" I bought to go along with it. And now I can just get Rock Band 2 when it comes out for Wii in December and everything will be compatible. :wisdom:

Thanks for the advice, everybody!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hey prawnie: I'm pretty sure that you can play guitar hero with the rock band controllers (I dont know if that is for every system though or just xbox) so I think you made a good choice!

Have fun rocking out! Meedley meedly mooow!