RIP Muppet Show Guests

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Valerie put up a good fight against her cancer, but inevitably it beat her eventually. RIP :cry:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm surprised there are that many from season 1 that are still alive actually. In all honesty, it's not too surprising that so many TMS guests are gone, because the show did start in the 70s and some of them were pretty old already at the time so that's natural unlike "Muppets Tonight!" where so far the only guest on that one that I know is deceased is Prince. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that). That is sad about Valerie though, but we knew for the past few years that her health was going downhill, so it's impressive that she was around for as long as she was.

DMHFan

Reaction score
I'm surprised there are that many from season 1 that are still alive actually. In all honesty, it's not too surprising that so many TMS guests are gone, because the show did start in the 70s and some of them were pretty old already at the time so that's natural unlike "Muppets Tonight!" where so far the only guest on that one that I know is deceased is Prince. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that). That is sad about Valerie though, but we knew for the past few years that her health was going downhill, so it's impressive that she was around for as long as she was.
Don Rickles (a Muppets Tonight guest on season 2) died as well.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, how could I forget Mr. Wilson from Dennis the Menace Strikes Again and the famous Mr. Potato Head? :grouchy:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Technically there are plenty of cameo guest stars as well as main guests on Muppets Tonight and the list of those gone also includes "Mr. Spock" Leonard Nimoy from Star Trek, who appeared briefly in the Garth Brooks episode.

Having said that the RIP list for Muppets Tonight is certainly still much shorter than the original Muppet Show.