RIP Rosa Parks

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
yeah i just saw that a great perosn with convictions

whats sad is probley 60-70% of the people here don't know who she is

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Bye Rosa

Rosa Parks, I think I went there one time when I was a kid, it was a nice place to play.

Just kidding, actually I know all about her refusal to get up, and I am very happy for it. I have an adopted brother who is half Black and half Italian, and when we were kids I sat with him often on buses and trains, and thought nothing of it, his color didn't (and doesn't) matter to me. I loved him as a brother (still do). but if it hadn't been for her, Martin Luther King and the many nameless people who marched with them my mother might not have been allowed to adopt a child of a "race" other than what she was. BTW : Kimp should take a poll around here and see how many people know who Rosa Parks was before he makes his assumption the 60-70% of the people her don't know who she was. You might be surprised. Remember there is a reason why we should never assume.

Whatever

Reaction score
She is one of those rare figures of whom one can truly say that she changed the world for the better. The strength of her convictions and her courage in serving as an example should serve as a beacon of light for everyone. We are lucky to have had her. RIP, Mrs. Parks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
whats sad is probley 60-70% of the people here don't know who she is
Hey, I know who she is! She's been mentioned every time our school would celebrate Black History Month. I just had no idea all this time she was still alive!

KCJ506

Reaction score
If they don't know who Rosa Parks is, then they obviously didn't pay very much attention in school. I learned about her in third grade.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
KCJ506 said:
If they don't know who Rosa Parks is, then they obviously didn't pay very much attention in school. I learned about her in third grade.
Same here!

Rosewood

Reaction score
Rosa Parks: a very brave woman!

It took alot of guts to do what Rosa parks did on that bus so long (or mabey not so long) ago. Being in the position she was in at the time, and knowing the concequences it could bring, it had to take an awfull lot of courage and conviction to stand up (or, in her case, stay seated) and defy what she saw, in her heart, as a true injustice that was being done to her race. She will be missed greatly. May we all follow her example and continue to carry her torch so that her brave actions will never be forgotten!