RIP Amy Winehouse

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
:: sigh :: How many more times will this have to happen before these industries and our society stop enabling and glorifying these people who clearly need help and not worship?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I said it before, and I'll say it until the cows come home... there is NO SUCH THING as an "accidental" overdose... the people who abuse these drugs KNOW what they're doing, they choose to do these actions, and end up paying the consequences, sometimes with their lives.

It's like parking a big rig of cookies in front of Cookie Monster, knowing he's going to eat every single cookie in there, and probably parts of the truck too, then when he dies from some obesity-related complication, people point and say, "Oh no, he accidentally overate".

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I said it before, and I'll say it until the cows come home... there is NO SUCH THING as an "accidental" overdose... the people who abuse these drugs KNOW what they're doing, they choose to do these actions, and end up paying the consequences, sometimes with their lives.

It's like parking a big rig of cookies in front of Cookie Monster, knowing he's going to eat every single cookie in there, and probably parts of the truck too, then when he dies from some obesity-related complication, people point and say, "Oh no, he accidentally overate".
D'Snowth, I agree, we shouldn't be bothering with this "accidental" stuff anymore. Everyone knew this woman was having these problems. And everyone let her down. And she let herself down.

Now at the same time I do agree that addiction is an illness. It does alter brain chemistry and affect rational thought. It's an incredibly hard thing to overcome. That's why people shouldn't even try it in the first place....

Barry Lee

Reaction score

Well playing devils advocate, she didn't plan to die out of the overdose (hopefully) which makes it an accident, otherwise it'd be suicide.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
either way its a sad moment she was only 1 year older than me RIP

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well playing devils advocate, she didn't plan to die out of the overdose (hopefully) which makes it an accident, otherwise it'd be suicide.
Yeah I thought about saying that earlier, you are correct. It's just that accidental or not, addicts do know what they're getting into know it's always a possibility.

Drtooth

Reaction score
:: sigh :: How many more times will this have to happen before these industries and our society stop enabling and glorifying these people who clearly need help and not worship?

I respect anyone who does something well and feel sorry for a life lost... but honestly, hard drugs KILL talent. It killed the FUNNY Belushi, it killed Hendrix, it killed Joplin.

However, Amy was the most drug addled and clearly nuts of those ones mentioned. It was her thing, actually. That said, there's something to be said about recreational drugs (as if that's recreation) and performance enhancing drugs... sadly, we worship and exploit ones that intentionally do the latter. Both ruin your bodies and can lead to death, sure... but one is used specifically for cheating in sport.

Princeton

Reaction score
I respect anyone who does something well and feel sorry for a life lost... but honestly, hard drugs KILL talent. It killed the FUNNY Belushi, it killed Hendrix, it killed Joplin.

However, Amy was the most drug addled and clearly nuts of those ones mentioned. It was her thing, actually. That said, there's something to be said about recreational drugs (as if that's recreation) and performance enhancing drugs... sadly, we worship and exploit ones that intentionally do the latter. Both ruin your bodies and can lead to death, sure... but one is used specifically for cheating in sport.
I'm glad someone brought this up. Amy can't hold a candle to the people you mentioned, but she clearly had talent of some kind. And I'm not even a fan; I just want to give credit where credit is due.