Rhyming Song

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
"The redhead bein' fed bread on his sled made of lead as he sped to be wed, but he fled out instead up to set in his bed and he said...."

Now I can't stop thinking about his number. Can anyone tell me how the entire thing goes?

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Copied from hotlyrics.net

Manha Manha guy: Fat

Green guy: Cat

Blue guy: Sat

Violet guy: Hat

gg: Fat

bg: Fat

vg: (pause) Fat

gg: Cat

bg: Cat

vg: (pause) Cat

gg: Sat

bg: Sat

vg: (pause) Sat

gg: Hat

bg: Hat

vg: (pause) Hat

MMg: (bursting in) A fat cat sat on a hat, saw a rat on the mat, got a bat, had a chat with a gnat that he'd pat in a vat that was flat, oh yeah!
(all glare at him, shaking their heads)
(quieter) Oh... yeah
Sorry about that
Small

gg: Ball

bg: Tall

vg: Wall

gg: Small

bg: Small

vg: (pause) Small

bg: Ball

vg: (pause) Ball

gg: Tall

vg: (pause) Tall

gg: Wall

bg: Wall

vg: (pause) Wall

MMg: (bursting in) See the small ball on the tall wall, see it fall in a hall, see it crawl, give its all its call, "Hi, y'all!" see it stall, wear a shawl, oh yeah!
(Quieter) Oh, yeah (sighs)
Red

gg: Head

bg: Fed

vg: Bread

gg: Red

bg: Red

vg: (pause) Red

bg: Head

vg: (pause) Head

gg: Fed

vg: (pause) Fed

gg: Bread

bg: Bread

vg: (pause) Bread

MMg: (bursting in) See the red head bein' fed bread on his sled made of lead as he sped to be wed but he fled instead out ahead up to Ted in his bed and he said...
(All glare at him as he continues, shrinking down)
Red, head, fed, bread
Small, ball, tall, wall
Fat, cat, sat, hat
And that's that!

gg, bg, & vg: SCAT!!!

Splurge

Reaction score
HeraLirambar said:
MMg: (bursting in) See the red head bein' fed bread on his sled made of lead as he sped to be wed but he fled instead out ahead up to Ted in his bed and he said...
Which roughly translates into, some red haired guy chickened out on his wedding day. :smile:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I miss the days when SS could get away with sublties like that.

Thanks Hera

muppetphile

Reaction score
HeraLirambar said:
Red, head, fed, bread
Small, ball, tall, wall
Fat, cat, sat, hat
And that's that!

This is sheer Henson genius :smile:
It's a skit that connects with little kids (I loved it as a kid) AND with grown ups! There's not much like that for kids nowadays!

Frodis

Reaction score
muppetphile said:
This is sheer Henson genius :smile:
It's a skit that connects with little kids (I loved it as a kid) AND with grown ups! There's not much like that for kids nowadays!
I always thought of it as Sesame Street's educational answer to "Mahna Mahna". It's the same type of premise, but with a point this time. Same character too.

Frodis

clipjj27

Reaction score
I loved this song!!! Whenever I'm feeling down, I just think of it, and all of a sudden I feel better! I was enthralled by the way the monster kept running up from behind and blaring in with his 'fat cat hat - ball wall small - bed bread red' verses. An unforegttable muppet scene! One for the ages!

HeraLirambar said:
Manha Manha guy: Fat

Green guy: Cat

Blue guy: Sat

Violet guy: Hat

gg: Fat

bg: Fat

vg: (pause) Fat

gg: Cat

bg: Cat

vg: (pause) Cat

gg: Sat

bg: Sat

vg: (pause) Sat

gg: Hat

bg: Hat

vg: (pause) Hat

MMg: (bursting in) A fat cat sat on a hat, saw a rat on the mat, got a bat, had a chat with a gnat that he'd pat in a vat that was flat, oh yeah!
(quieter) Oh... yeah
Sorry about that
Small

vg: Wall

gg: Small

bg: Small

vg: (pause) Small

bg: Ball

vg: (pause) Ball

gg: Tall

vg: (pause) Tall

gg: Wall

bg: Wall

vg: (pause) Wall

MMg: (bursting in) See the small ball on the tall wall, see it fall in a hall, see it crawl, give its all its call, "Hi, y'all!" see it stall, wear a shawl, oh yeah!
(Quieter) Oh, yeah (sighs)
Red

vg: Bread

gg: Red

bg: Red

vg: (pause) Red

bg: Head

vg: (pause) Head

gg: Fed

vg: (pause) Fed

gg: Bread

bg: Bread

vg: (pause) Bread

Red, head, fed, bread
Small, ball, tall, wall
Fat, cat, sat, hat
And that's that!

drmusic_99

Reaction score
My favorite all-time sketch was the similar "Some... and None" starring Manah Manah... if anyone could point me in the direction of a copy, I'd be most appreciative.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Hey, folks, good news. Bert and Ernie's Word Play DVD (released earlier this year) has some vintage clips mixed in with the newer ones, including the "Fat Cat Scat" song/sketch!

While this might be bad news if you were happy to have something that was really rare in your VHS collection, it's good news from the perspective of finally being able to own a pristine copy of this. :big_grin:

clipjj27

Reaction score
In addition to 'Fat Cat - Small Wall - Red Head,' I liked this song which also featured 'Manah Manah' monster. BTW, was that what Jim Henson also called him, or is that just a name to which viewers of this forum refer him? Just wondering.

drmusic_99 said:
My favorite all-time sketch was the similar "Some... and None" starring Manah Manah... if anyone could point me in the direction of a copy, I'd be most appreciative.