Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I went to get my car filled up with gas twice in December, only had to pay about 30 dollars.

When Biden came, I had to start paying 40-50 dollars. Mind you I drive a big car so it takes in more gas as well. This is a disadvantage bigger cars have.

Gas has always been frustrating, sure, but it’s even more stressful now that it feels like I’m literally being ******* robbed by gas stations now.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Wrong. Inflation started happening when Trump imposed those tariffs, which caused things like grocery prices and the like to start jumping up considerably.

Because of the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers still refusing to do their part in fighting the pandemic, thus bringing the rest of us two steps back because of their own idiocy.

Because businesses are refusing to hire employees wanting decent pay, and perspective employees are refusing to take jobs where they won't be paid well, let alone treated like a human being.
Which, again, Trump set Biden up for when he made deals with the Taliban and freed a number of their prisoners.
Do you have any links, any links whatsoever, to prove your assertions?

Cause I can provide plenty of links to show when inflation actually started (hint: it wasn't tariffs)

Then candidate Joe Biden campaigned on ending the pandemic. That was his number one campaign promise. It hasn't ended. Blame whoever you want, but it's not the anit-vaxxers or anti-maskers. It's the delta variant. And even if it was the antivaxxers and anti-maskers as you claim (without proof again) it really don't matter. It's his job as President of the U.S. to get his message across. The failure to do so on him and no one else. And just as an aside. Then candidates Joe Biden and Kamala Harris both said that they would not take a vaccine developed under President Trump. And now they use it as a crutch to blame the anti-vaxxers.

No businesses are begging for help and are paying up for good employees. There is no reason for many to go back to work when it is more profitable for potential employees to take the government handouts.

And to blame President Trump for the botched withdrawal from Afghanistan is just silly an not living in the real world. First, as Commander in Chief, President Biden could have overrode any deals President Trump may have made with the Taliban. And it wasn't President Biden that released those prisoners. It was the Taliban, who President Biden turned the country over to. And one of those prisoners released by the Taliban later committed the terrorist attack at the airport. And it was under President Biden that the airforce base was closed before evacuations even began.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Did anybody see the story that Katie Couric didn't report Ruth Bater Ginsberg's answer to her question regarding kneeling during the National Anthem? She didn't report it because she wanted to "protect" her. Since when is it the responsibility of the press to protect their subjects in the government? And if RBG really wasn't capable of understanding the question, why was she still serving on the Supreme Court?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ve said this before but it always bears repeating.
I don’t diss all Democrats, nor do I support all Republicans. There are individuals on both sides I can agree with, and some I don’t.

Since Biden took k office, he signed more executive orders than Trump and Obama could mbined. That defeats the whole purpose of having a legislative and judicial branch.

As for why we have a labor shortage, given big stimulus checks is a negative incentive. That means for many people it pays more to stay home than actually work. That puts a burden on those who actually work. More work and less people to do the job.
You get a stimulus check and you think “Great! Free money!” Well, your free money comes at a price. Putting trillions of dollars into circulation devalues the dollar, so your money is worth less. If you save it in a bank, it will take much longer to gain any interest on it.
If you spend it, because there is more money in circulation, prices go up.
Prices also rise when you have a shortage of goods. I have three friends who drive trucks for a living. They tell me there is a shortage of truckers right now. Just about everything you see in a store got there by truck. Goods from other countries come off of ships. Right now there is a bottleneck of ships off Los Angeles/Long Beach because there’s a shortage of longshoremen to unload the cargo from ships and load them on trucks.
So, emptier shelves, higher prices. And because of more stimulus money floating around, you get to eat the cost. Neat deal, ain’t it?

You have to be 21 to drive an 18 wheeler. You have to be certified to do so. Over the past year there has been talk of lowering that age to 18. That might not be the wisest move 18 year olds cause the highest percentage of accidents. There were people on this forum who won’t even drive a car, much less an 18 wheeler with 30,000 pounds of cargo.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Just to clarify. You have to be 21 to drive over state lines.
There is a shortage of truckers also because there’s a high turnover rate. You can make good money being a trucker as long as you stay safe. All it takes is one accident, your insurance goes up and damage to your cargo can be steep.
But things are connected. Because of the bottleneck of ships in ports, shortage of longshoremen, there is a shortage of truckers to drive the cargo from the ports to the stores.

Longshoremen are unionized, and can take home six figures. Without them, the public is over a barrel.
Ships tied up out at sea, shortage to unload them, shortage to truck them to the store, empty shelf, high prices. It’s dominos.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Do you have any links, any links whatsoever, to prove your assertions?

Cause I can provide plenty of links to show when inflation actually started (hint: it wasn't tariffs)

Then candidate Joe Biden campaigned on ending the pandemic. That was his number one campaign promise. It hasn't ended. Blame whoever you want, but it's not the anit-vaxxers or anti-maskers. It's the delta variant. And even if it was the antivaxxers and anti-maskers as you claim (without proof again) it really don't matter. It's his job as President of the U.S. to get his message across. The failure to do so on him and no one else. And just as an aside. Then candidates Joe Biden and Kamala Harris both said that they would not take a vaccine developed under President Trump. And now they use it as a crutch to blame the anti-vaxxers.

No businesses are begging for help and are paying up for good employees. There is no reason for many to go back to work when it is more profitable for potential employees to take the government handouts.

And to blame President Trump for the botched withdrawal from Afghanistan is just silly an not living in the real world. First, as Commander in Chief, President Biden could have overrode any deals President Trump may have made with the Taliban. And it wasn't President Biden that released those prisoners. It was the Taliban, who President Biden turned the country over to. And one of those prisoners released by the Taliban later committed the terrorist attack at the airport. And it was under President Biden that the airforce base was closed before evacuations even began.
You bring the links, I’ll bring the patties. 🥶

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Remember the times our resident ultra-liberal would be on here railing about President Trump being away from the Whitehouse constantly?

Can we maybe get an update?

President Biden's weekends away

But Trump . . . . right?