Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and the GOP is insisting that airlines not require vaccinations because "we have a right to free travel within the United States" . . . even though Trump forced us all to obtain a stupid star to be added to our driver's licenses (which itself required birth certificate, SS number, and photo ID to obtain) just so we can travel by air within the US.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
You might want to check your dates on when the National ID Act was passed.

Of course, facts never really mattered to you too much.

But Trump. . .

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Snowthy the jet-setter. Yeah, with all the frequent-flyer miles you rack up over the course of a year, I can see where this can break up your day.
“Whaddayamean I need a star in my ID?
I gotta get to New Jersey ‘cause a fuzzy old hippie needs me!”

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Biden could owe as much as $500K in back taxes, government report indicates

The irony of President Biden using the same tax loopholes that the rich do when he scolds them for not paying their fair share.

And I'll get this out of the way for you D'Snowth.

But Trump didn't release his tax returns.

Wonder if we get the same outcry from the Dems as we did about President Trump's tax returns.

Just another case of politicians do as I say and not as I do.

I'm so tired of all politicians

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I haven’t mentioned this yet, but since you brought it up…

AOC at the Met Gala last week. Tickets to this elitist event were thirty grand a pop. For many working people that’s a year’s salary.
She shows up and makes a spectacle of themselves in this dress emblazoned with “TAX THE RICH!!!” Like everyone there.

People in Congress (including her) make $174,000 a year. Rich-by most people’s standards.

Ex-presidents make a decent living themselves. Books, memoirs, lecture tours, everyone from Clinton onward made money this way.

Biden and Bernie Sanders are ones to talk. Both of them own several homes, yet the rich need to be shaken down. Just don’t shake them, or they’ll scream bloody murder.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Last week there were big goings-on at the border in Del Rio, Texas. As many as fifteen thousand Haitians camped under a bridge trying to enter the country.
Pictures and footage circulated of border patrols on horseback catching Haitians crossing the Rio Grande. One picture taken by a photographer named Paul Matthews showed a border patrol by the shirt. But the narrative became border patrol agents were whipping Haitians. Democrats from Biden down expressed their outrage over this racist behavior.

Only one problem. Just a teeny one.
The whipping never happened.

The last time I was on horseback when I was ten, you had reigns to control the horse. You can get him to turn right or left, speed up, or stop. No whips.

But for a week, that was the narrative, regardless of the facts. Paul Matthews, who took the picture, said he never saw any whipping happening.
Today, the left-leaning New York Times printed a retraction. No whips. They printed something that contradicted the truth.

The fallout was a number of border patrol agents quit. Just like many police officers last year. You want to jump to conclusions and call them racist, they’ll hand in their badges and say, do this job yourself.

But the fact the Times retracted their own article shows how false the narrative was.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yesterday hearings were held with Generals Millie and McKenzie to see exactly what caused the mess in Afghanistan.
Both generals swore under oath they advised Biden to maintain a presence of 2,500 troops to prevent any unrest.
Meanwhile Biden swears nobody advised him on that, and Jen Psaki doubles down that the withdrawal was a major success.

If both sides are contradicting each other, someone is lying, or throwing each other under the bus.

One general, Stuart Scheller , has come forward to criticize the administration for how badly they screwed up. For his efforts, Scheller is now in jail because the administration will not tolerate any dissent.

The whole point of the withdrawal was for Biden to glorify himself for ending this twenty- year conflict in time for the anniversary of 9/11. As late as July he swore no Americans will be left behind. Meanwhile an unknown number of Americans and allies are still stranded with unknown fate.
Again, both Biden and his military advisors are pointing the fingers at each other, because nobody wants to take the blame.
All this is interesting. Millie served under Trump, and wasn’t a fan of his. He was happy when Biden got elected. This is his new boss. Now he wants his boss to take all the heat. “Better him than me”.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Biden speaks poorly of black people!" Says the exact same people who literally say blacks are thugs, that BLM is a terrorist group, and says black-on-white violence is what 'real racism' looks like.

"Biden is criticizing the American press!" Says the exact same people who literally praised Trump for declaring the press and media the enemy of the American people.

What two-faced asswipes.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
"Biden speaks poorly of black people!" Says the exact same people who literally say blacks are thugs, that BLM is a terrorist group, and says black-on-white violence is what 'real racism' looks like.

"Biden is criticizing the American press!" Says the exact same people who literally praised Trump for declaring the press and media the enemy of the American people.

What two-faced asswipes.
How about nobody get away with such and everybody face the consequences of their words and actions, regardless of their party?