Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Frankly I have no respect for the guy anymore after straight up being disrespectful to my black (African, Hatain, etc) friends when I was giving them a special shout out during the George Floyd incident and explained why saying “black lives matter” does not LITERALLY mean “ONLY black lives matter ” when he brought up the stupid “all lives matter” bs just to get the spotlight and politely asked him not to, accusing me of disagreeing and then going completely silent instead of owning up after explaining why it’s not a good idea to say it at a time like this.

Not only that, but some of the stuff he shared on his Facebook page was straight up disrespectful and attacking the LGBT community. Again, I’m speaking as a bi man and those who have had these attacks used against them. It really made me angry and uncomfortable. I would also like to mention I shared some of this stuff to another good friend of mine who was also once a member here that is gay/homosexual. He was not happy at all.

But what finally did it for me was him treating the virus like it’s not an issue whatsoever just because he personally doesn’t see a problem with it. I’m speaking as someone who lost a family member to covid in January and three other family members got it afterwards (all have survived thankfully), and also to those who have lost their lives due to this horrible disease that’s caused a lot of damage to this world to begin with. The fact that he even said “coming in without a mask” (whether it was a joke or not) has only shown he purposely sees this virus as nothing more than the flu when it’s more than that.

Sorry Dwayne, while I understand what you’re saying with disagreeing on stuff, there are other things you believe and share you can’t even disagree on politely with someone as they attack communities poorly. I’m putting you on ignore now and would like to move on.
Well dang, I must have known you had lost a family member to COVID, and for me to make light of that would and is very cruel. Looking back now I don't think I did know, or simply ignored it because I have lost so many loved ones (not due to the pandemic) that I don't like to make jokes about death. I can't take back what was done, but I am truly and heartfelt sorry for hurting you in that way. That alone would be enough for me to block, and ignore a person as well, and I completely understand, and accept your decision. I just hope that you forgive me for hurting you in that way.

*Sorry for double posting*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is Australia now pushing and spreading American rightwing lies and conspiracies? Seriously, what the frog?!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Why is Australia now pushing and spreading American rightwing lies and conspiracies? Seriously, what the frog?!
I'm not exactly sure what your referring to, but I do know of a newscaster there who praised Trump for everything he did. What was said?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ll agree with Dwayne on this. Covid’s death toll has been appalling. And I grieve for anyone like Alex who lost a loved one. And I’ve been cautious myself for the past year. But there’s a difference between living in caution and living in fear. I respect the virus, but I don’t fear it. I’m getting my second vaccine tomorrow, and that should allow me to get back to normal. I really don’t want wearing a mask forever to be the new “normal”.
Last year when Mario was running around screaming “Hey lookit me! No mask on!” That was a jacka$$ thing to do. But as more and more people get vaccinated, the sooner we reach herd immunity, the sooner the masks should come off for good.
That should be the normal we’re striving for, right?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My main issue with this country and the vaccines is I feel like there are people and places who are quick to jump to conclusions and say it’s 100% safe just because of a few vaccinations here and there.

I for one don’t fear the virus. I trend it with caution. But it still exists and I feel we reached a point where maybe things are dropping down but it’s still pretty dangerous yet just because of vaccinations things are loosening up too quickly.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m certainly not an anti-vaxxer. I got the vaccine on my doctor’s recommendation. Not Trump’s, not Biden’s, not Fauci’s, but my doctor’s. Nor would I blindly ingest fish tank cleaner without his recommendation.

It’s up to anybody reading this to assess their own situation. If you’ve been vaccinated you should be able to go outside without fear. If you still don’t feel safe, I can’t make that decision for you.
States should loosen up to some degree. Even New York, which was hit hard (and managed badly) is starting, slightly, to loosen its grip. I’m not saying let’s all go run naked in the streets, but we can’t stay locked down forever.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I've heard a lot from the Right/Christian side that go as far as to say the vaccine is "The Mark of the Beast" like in end times. I have also heard that someone took the vaccine and ended up paralyzed for an unknown amount of time. So I'm not saying I won't ever get it, but I'm waiting.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've heard a lot from the Right/Christian side that go as far as to say the vaccine is "The Mark of the Beast" like in end times. I have also heard that someone took the vaccine and ended up paralyzed for an unknown amount of time. So I'm not saying I won't ever get it, but I'm waiting.
I’ve read through Revelation, and end times may be coming, but we’re not there yet.
Some people have had adverse effects to the vaccine. Not everybody is going to react to it the same. Just like the flu shot, everyone will have a different reaction to it.

Much resistance to the vaccine came from Elon Musk, the founder of Tesla. That’s up to people if they want the vaccine or not.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
What are you waiting for? Until nobody has a side effect from the vaccine? That's not gonna happen. Until the end times? Well, then there's really not any purpose in getting the vaccine, now is there?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So we are now banning people coming in from India because of COVID. A year ago President Biden called President Trump xenophobic for banning people from other countries. What's the (D)ifference?