Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I gave the video a watch. I do see points they bring up and I understand being a police officer isn’t exactly an easy job. I speak as someone who wanted to become a cop myself when I was 13, until I started to notice how dangerous it can get. I do understand you’re putting your life at risk with criminals that you never know what they’re capable of doing.

However, I do think there are other options to go for besides the gun. There’s always the taser option if the suspect is unarmed but you feel threatened. I think the gun option is too easy of a choice to make. I speak as someone who’s seen videos like this:

By no means am I saying was that kid fully innocent. For a boy his age he shouldn’t have been out so late doing stupid **** like that. But I think a taser would have been better than using a gun if he tossed it away.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I gave the video a watch. I do see points they bring up and I understand being a police officer isn’t exactly an easy job. I speak as someone who wanted to become a cop myself when I was 13, until I started to notice how dangerous it can get. I do understand you’re putting your life at risk with criminals that you never know what they’re capable of doing.

However, I do think there are other options to go for besides the gun. There’s always the taser option if the suspect is unarmed but you feel threatened. I think the gun option is too easy of a choice to make. I speak as someone who’s seen videos like this:

By no means am I saying was that kid fully innocent. For a boy his age he shouldn’t have been out so late doing stupid **** like that. But I think a taser would have been better than using a gun if he tossed it away.
BUT THE COP DIDN"T KNOW HE TOSSED IT AWAY!!! There was literally a half a second between him tossing it away and him turning quickly and raising his hands. The officers body cam video shows this. If that cop waits to find out and he still has the gun in his hand, that cop is leavingthe scene in a body bag.

There's thousands of shoot/don't shoot videos on youtube. Watch some of them. Watch the video I posted again. Maybe this time, take something from it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I wouldn’t want to be in any cop’s position where you have a nanosecond to decide between shooting or being shot.
It’s no easier being on a jury deciding a cop’s fate.
It is tragic for Adam Toledo to die so young. But a kid walking Chicago streets at night with a gun is asking for trouble. If a cop didn’t shoot him, a gang member might.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Gun reform will only happen when white people's kids start getting killed." Wow, did you really say that, Chris Cuomo? 🤦‍♂️

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that on twitter myself. Just shows how fetishized the Caucasian race is in this country.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
"Gun reform will only happen when white people's kids start getting killed." Wow, did you really say that, Chris Cuomo? 🤦‍♂️
Yeah because I'm pretty sure no white kids got killed in any of the school shootings .

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I’m not denying people of Caucasian descent have been killed in shootings, of course they have. White people make up half the population of America. What I hate more is how ignorant that statement of his sounds and it shows how things become more “open” if someone who’s white (or at the very least light-skinned) is involved in the event.

The fact that this even came from a CNN news reporter is both funny and sad.... considering how extremely left-leaning CNN is.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another mass shooting in Kenosha at a tavern . . . seriously, this is literally an everyday thing now.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Another police officer involved shooting in Burnsville, MN being protested . A man is in a car chase from police, fires at them through the back window, jumps out of the moving car and points a gun at oncoming cars in an attempted carjacking of a woman with her 6 year old godson in the backseat. Police shoot and kill the suspect. AND WE PROTEST!!!. This just keeps getting dumber and dumber. I'm sure MLB will be along to move the Twins out of Minnesota cause . . . The NFL players will decide to wear socks with cops depicted as pigs on them and take a knee . . . and the left will complain that we just aren't "woke" enough.