Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess it should come as no surprise that Fox News is desperate for attention now, and basically grasping at whatever straws they can even grab to make it seem as though the entire country has already completely crumbled at the hands of Biden and Democrats. Then again, it's not too awfully different from how from 2007 to 2017 they were the 24-hour "The Barack Obama Sucks Network."

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I guess it should come as no surprise that Fox News is desperate for attention now, and basically grasping at whatever straws they can even grab to make it seem as though the entire country has already completely crumbled at the hands of Biden and Democrats. Then again, it's not too awfully different from how from 2007 to 2017 they were the 24-hour "The Barack Obama Sucks Network."
I guess it should come as no surprise that D'Snowth is so filled with hate that he continues to bash FOX News. Perhaps a link to what the heck you are talking about this time would be nice. Or are you just posting your daily FOX News rant because you are desperate for attention? Then again, it's not too awfully different from how from 2016 to the Present you were the 24-hour "FOX News sucks" poster.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This thread really is just going to become a dead horse soon, isn’t it?

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
Hey fun fact about drag racing it originated out of prohibition times they would build the cars to outrun cops while they're transporting the booze. It's neat.

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
I don’t glorify Hitler, just like in this country I don’t glorify slavery or Jim Crow. But you’d be remiss in rewriting history and pretending it never existed.
I’m not a fan of the KKK either. But it’s not doing anyone any favors denying these people existed.
There’s a huge difference between learning about the atrocities of history and celebrating them.
It's not about erasing history it's about deplatforming the people that support this sort of thing.

kalopsiavian

Reaction score
Yes. I have also seen several videos on the subject of being non-binary with self proclaimed non-binary people explaining what it means as well. Non-binary is purely having to do with the social construct of gender and gender roles, not feeling biologically wrong. It's the idea that one can wear whatever clothing they want, regardless of what society has deemed "gender appropriate".

The idea of being transgender basically embraces the idea of a binary gender system. A transgender person feels they are in the wrong body and wishes to use the social constructs of gender to express the gender they feel the are, not the one they were born as. Many men who transition to women express their gender identity through fashion and makeup and overtly "female" mannerisms. They express themselves based on how they think society views females, often in an exaggerated way.
first of all: hey, are you trans?

now that we're past that.
"biological sex" as a concept and genders being associated with genitalia is an idea brought about by colonialism. (so, people from the british isles that decided that the americas were theirs.) many cultures that are not ours do not conform to the two-gender model. some native cultures have five genders (one of the most recognizable being two-spirit, which each culture has its own name for); jewish culture has a term for gender ambiguity in any way you want to spin it (tumtum) and intersexuality (androgynos); muxe, a term used by the zapotec; and so on.
pronouns that are not he/him, she/her, they/them, and it/its have also existed for centuries; christine elderson coined ey/em pronouns in 1975, lindsay pronouns (ae/aer) came about in 1920, charles c. converse coined thon/thons pronouns in 1887... i'm sure it goes on and on as well.

gender is a construct in that many people adhere to it just for the sake of "fitting in." the concepts of "male" and "female" do not exist, and many, many people do not fit into either of those boxes. in fact, i would be safe to say that no one person fits into "male" the same way another person might. there is no such thing as a binary because of it.
however, there are people that do not fit into these assigned boxes; whether or not they figure this out based on their genitalia or what they want to do to their body does not matter. all that being trans requires is not being comfortable with the gender you were assigned at birth, in any way. all being trans is is not being cis. it's incongruence.
i know the experiences of many. i know the experience of an afab person who felt comfortable in their body, but not in the way they were perceived, not in the way they were referred to. i know the experience of a trans man who is so ridiculously dysphoric that he's not comfortable existing in the public eye. i know the experience of someone who doesn't really care, but prefers not to be referred to at all. i know the experience of someone whose gender is "skekekt the ornamentalist, but only when using he/him pronouns" ... hey, that one's me!

as a nonbinary trans-masculine person, i can confirm that being nonbinary is not a narcissistic powerplay. they do not diminish the struggles of binary trans people. and they most certainly are not invalid.
many people who identify with nonbinary genders are simply people who do not feel comfortable as a "man" or as a "woman." this can be for many reasons; however, one of the reasons i see and resonate with most is simply being dehumanized. they feel different, and there is nothing wrong with feeling or being different. in fact, there are many good things about being different. these people deserve respect, these people deserve kindness, and these people deserve to have their identities and pronouns respected. they are not hurting anyone, most certainly not by existing as themselves. if you feel hurt, that's your problem, and is absolutely something you need to analyze for yourself.

thanks!
-ciel, skek/skeks

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So when Joe Biden was on the campaign trail he said "You can't legislate by executive order unless you're a dictator."

Here's the number of executive orders by recent past presidents in their first week of office:

Clinton: 0
Bush: 0
Obama: 5
Trump: 4
Biden: 32

Even the left-leaning New York Times had an opinion piece yesterday telling President Biden to lighten up on the executive orders.

Just thought some of you would like to know as you often called President Trump a dictator. I'm sure you are just as concerned now that we have a president actually acting like a dictator.

gravy

Reaction score
So when Joe Biden was on the campaign trail he said "You can't legislate by executive order unless you're a dictator."

Here's the number of executive orders by recent past presidents in their first week of office:

Clinton: 0
Bush: 0
Obama: 5
Trump: 4
Biden: 32

Even the left-leaning New York Times had an opinion piece yesterday telling President Biden to lighten up on the executive orders.

Just thought some of you would like to know as you often called President Trump a dictator. I'm sure you are just as concerned now that we have a president actually acting like a dictator.
so do u just expect those trump era policies to be repealed thru congress? lmaо