Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, even before Trump’s inauguration, there were plenty of tantrums and meltdowns and people getting “Not My President “ tattooed one themselves.
And there was division in this country long before Trump came along.
There was promise that Obama would be the unifying factor. But especially during his second term, the gap just got wider.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I cant control who the president is, but I can and will proclaim the truth always!

First Truth:

For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though you've believed the lies of your president that have been spread by your party for the past four years?

MWoO

Reaction score
It's very simple. Those on the left have
So, I'm gonna weigh in on a little controversy that's going around on social media right now, because it's further showing how divided the nation remains to be, even after Biden's victory:

There are those who are saying that now is not the time to gloat at Trump voters over their loss, since a lot of them are obviously going through a time of grieving right now, and should be extended the kind of compassion and sympathy anybody would need during a time like this . . . and then there are those who arguing that they deserve no such courtesy after they've spent the last four years mocking and belittling the suffering and misfortunes of anybody who had been affected negatively by Trump's America - especially when it come to those who had to deal with racial injustice, gender inequality, homophobia, and the like.

I'm kind of split between this myself. On the one hand, I kind of agree that after spending four years of being the "**** your feelings" party, they really aren't entitled to any sympathy right now if their feelings are hurt over Trump's loss . . . but, on the other hand, the attitude that they should endure the same kind of belittling, mocking, and ridicule just further continues the division in the country, which is something we need to try to be fixing - now is the opportunity to do just that.
It's simple. Either you truly believe what you preach, and thus should not mock others; or you don't believe what you preach, and thus have no right to mock others for you are just like them.

Funny how claiming to be morally better than others works, huh?

MWoO

Reaction score
You usually see people on the left shutting down conservative view points because usually the lefts view points are very easily dismantled with logic and information. You rarely see a conservative person get shut down by a simple challenge the way we have seen done with liberals. Sure, both sides have idiots. The idiots on the left tend to chant and burn down cities, but sure let's say they are equivalent. The idiots are not indicative of the ideas of the party.

Edit: Just look at this very thread. How often do those with conservatives views present logical well reasoned arguments that are met with either silence or pure opinion with little fact. How often is the non-response of "you have privilege" tossed around. This is something people on the left do when they don't actually have an argument against what you've said. It's meant to dismiss you with the hope you will just go away.

The same has happened with "racist". Being called a racist used to mean you were a vile person. Now, everything is racist. The word means nothing and is only used against people on the right. Meanwhile, Joe Biden has said many very ugly things regarding race and he gets a pass. So many leftist celebrities have done black face, but they get a pass. Minorities that voted republican are being called "Uncle Tom" by those on the left because they dared to think for themselves. The left is full of racism under the guise of tolerance.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Just pointing fingers at one party isn’t exactly helping the case either but okay. 👍🏻

Also, for clarification, this is what privilege is: having an unfair advantage/believing something isn’t an issue because it doesn’t effect you personally.

Last edited:

MWoO

Reaction score
Just pointing fingers at one party isn’t exactly helping the case either but okay. 👍🏻

Also, for clarification, this is what privilege is: having an unfair advantage/believing something isn’t an issue because it doesn’t effect you personally.
I did not just point fingers. I pointed out something that happens frequently. I didn't make a baseless claim, this is what I have seen time and time again.

Also, that is not the definition of privilege. That is the SJW use of privilege. This is the definition of privilege:

Definition of privilege
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a right or immunity granted as a peculiar benefit, advantage, or favor : PREROGATIVE
especially : such a right or immunity attached specifically to a position or an office

By your definition, everyone has privilege in some way, shape, or form. Women have it when they dismiss things like male rape and sexual assault. Black people have it when HR says you have to fill an open position with someone who isn't white. (This happened in front of me at my job. HR told my boss they needed to hire a black female for a managerial position because there were "too many men" in my department. Essentially saying, who cares if someone is qualified, keep interviewing until you find a black woman.) People of a certain body type have privilege because they are naturally stronger than others and more likely to win at sports.

Everyone has privilege in certain circumstances. Being white used to be a huge advantage, in some areas. In other areas, being white will get you killed. Privilege depends on location and circumstances.

Also, your definition would have to assume the motivation and reasoning for the person disagreeing with something. Another tactic used by many on the left. Assuming motive.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That previous post basically translates to “the left has so many issues that contribute to the problem with society” (which yes, as a liberal myself, I agree) yet seem to act like the right has no issues that just as much contribute to the problem. The left has done stupid **** like burn down buildings and what have you, I agree, but the right is just as guilty of doing **** like that like vandalizing property with spray painting ignorant phrases like “**** your feelings” or “Trump 2020.” But if you want to continue just pinning everything on the left or act like they contribute more then I’m not going to stop you. That’s your business in the end.

And yes, I agree women do have that unfair advantage and as someone who cut ties with a friend last month who sexually harassed me for years and was almost sexually assaulted in 9th grade, I hate that they have that advantage. I also agree black people also have the advantage of saying ignorant **** about white people (or other races for that matter, heck even instances with their own race) and getting away with it. And while I don’t know the full story to being replaced in your job like that, just hiring someone for the sake of skin color or sex is pretty stupid if it’s something like a retail job. But that’s not even what I was talking about. I was talking about the fact that there are folks on the right who believe people fearing Trump as president have nothing to worry about because they are free from the **** he‘s brought into this country (for goodness sake, the LGBT rights were taken off the White House website the minute he came into office).

The fact that you dismissed it as “SJW use” is privilege enough. Basically saying “I hate when they point out unfair advantages a certain group of people may have.” And while I agree there have been folks who have projected them pretty ignorantly, that doesn’t apply to everyone who discusses privileges straight people or White people or even just men in general have.

I’ve said what I need to say and I’m choosing not to continue with any replies I receive in this conversation cause frankly, that last post just felt like it had too many “whataboutism” mentions and ignored what I was saying in the first place.

Last edited:

MWoO

Reaction score
That previous post basically translates to “the left has so many issues that contribute to the problem with society” (which yes, as a liberal myself, I agree) yet seem to act like the right has no issues that just as much contribute to the problem. The left has done stupid **** like burn down buildings and what have you, I agree, but the right is just as guilty of doing **** like that like vandalizing property with spray painting ignorant phrases like “**** your feelings” or “Trump 2020.” But if you want to continue just pinning everything on the left or act like they contribute more then I’m not going to stop you. That’s your business in the end.

And yes, I agree women do have that unfair advantage and as someone who cut ties with a friend last month who sexually harassed me for years and was almost sexually assaulted in 9th grade, I hate that they have that advantage. I also agree black people also have the advantage of saying ignorant **** about white people (or other races for that matter, heck even instances with their own race) and getting away with it. And while I don’t know the full story to being replaced in your job like that, just hiring someone for the sake of skin color or sex is pretty stupid if it’s something like a retail job. But that’s not even what I was talking about. I was talking about the fact that there are folks on the right who believe people fearing Trump as president have nothing to worry about because they are free from the **** he‘s brought into this country (for goodness sake, the LGBT rights were taken off the White House website the minute he came into office).

The fact that you dismissed it as “SJW use” is privilege enough. Basically saying “I hate when they point out unfair advantages a certain group of people may have.” And while I agree there have been folks who have projected them pretty ignorantly, that doesn’t apply to everyone who discusses privileges straight people or White people or even just men in general have.

I’ve said what I need to say and I’m choosing not to continue with any replies I receive in this conversation cause frankly, that last post just felt like it had too many “whataboutism” mentions and ignored what I was saying in the first place.
First, I was not replaced at my job. There was an opening within my department and our HR flat out said "you need to hire a black woman because there are too many men". The person was ended up being hired is qualified mind you, but the question is how many qualified people were turned away before she came along. If I were to go for a job, would I be turned away because there are "too many white males" in the department. Also, no one will ever be turned away because there are "too many black people" working somewhere. If anyone were caught saying anything like that they would be fired so fast and sued.

Second, no policy Trump put forward has done anything to destroy LGBTQ rights. He has not gone after marriage equality, he has not made being gay illegal, nothing. The ONLY thing that can be considered anti-LGBTQ is that Trans people are banned from military service. Why? Because the APA deems gender dysphoria a psychological disorder and anyone with a psychological disorder is barred from service.

As for the article you posted, the content was archived and moved to obamawhitehouse.gov along with a lot of other content. If you actually search https://www.state.gov/ for LGBT you will find new articles that have been posted during the Trump administration. And if/when Biden takes office, you will see Trump's stuff get archived and replaced. That's how it works.... And if anyone on the right flips out when Biden's administration removes and archives Trump's stuff they will look foolish as well.

Lastly, the point of my post was to point out to you how silly it is to throw the term privilege around. It wasn't to play the "whataboutism" game. You can't just say "that reeks of privilege" and act like it's an argument.