Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, the AP calling it doesn't really mean anything.
Well, other sources have called it as well.
If Trump some how snags a legal win
I don't blame you for refusing to accept the results, because frankly, I didn't want to accept them in 2016 either.
The division across the country is still there and isn't going anywhere.
One of the very few things you've gotten right in this whole thread.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This country will always be divided, regardless of who’s president. Long as we keep teaching racism, lgbt phobia and sexism.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Bro, you didn’t even vote and think people have no business worrying the state of our country if Trump continued presidency? Okay.

MWoO

Reaction score
Well, other sources have called it as well.

I don't blame you for refusing to accept the results, because frankly, I didn't want to accept them in 2016 either.
One of the very few things you've gotten right in this whole thread.
1. News networks calling an election does not mean it is over. Trump will try every legal trick in the book. He would be loathed to do so.

2. I did not say i didn't accept the results. Its obvious who won. I said Trump won't accept the results which may mean he ends up in the supreme court where he may win his suits. If that happens, all **** breaks lose.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Biden gave a victory lap speech in Delaware. He seemed more together than he did during his whole campaign.
He’s still not going to have an easy road ahead of him. He (and many others) said Trump never had a handle on COVID.
Listen, folks. No country in the world had a handle on COVID. Europe is still being slammed with a second spike. This with a mask mandate and strict lockdown in UK, France, Italy and Germany.
Monday morning the real work begins.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, I'm gonna weigh in on a little controversy that's going around on social media right now, because it's further showing how divided the nation remains to be, even after Biden's victory:

There are those who are saying that now is not the time to gloat at Trump voters over their loss, since a lot of them are obviously going through a time of grieving right now, and should be extended the kind of compassion and sympathy anybody would need during a time like this . . . and then there are those who arguing that they deserve no such courtesy after they've spent the last four years mocking and belittling the suffering and misfortunes of anybody who had been affected negatively by Trump's America - especially when it come to those who had to deal with racial injustice, gender inequality, homophobia, and the like.

I'm kind of split between this myself. On the one hand, I kind of agree that after spending four years of being the "**** your feelings" party, they really aren't entitled to any sympathy right now if their feelings are hurt over Trump's loss . . . but, on the other hand, the attitude that they should endure the same kind of belittling, mocking, and ridicule just further continues the division in the country, which is something we need to try to be fixing - now is the opportunity to do just that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Frankly they’re kind of asking to be made fun of. I just keep my business to myself, but I do enjoy reading the social media comments myself with folks having temper tantrums over Trump’s loss.