Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
So is anyone else confused with Google giving VA to Biden when the current reported votes are very much in Trump favor? Also interesting that they haven't given Florida to Trump yet even though he has a rather strong lead. Googles tracking is a bit screwy.

MWoO

Reaction score
Hmmm, I know California and NY will swing the popular vote more Biden's way, but interesting that Trump is currently leading it by about 1.5 mil. This was not suppose to be this close based on the polls and media predictions.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So is anyone else confused with Google giving VA to Biden when the current reported votes are very much in Trump favor? Also interesting that they haven't given Florida to Trump yet even though he has a rather strong lead. Googles tracking is a bit screwy.
It comes down to their projections and where the votes left are coming from. If the votes already in are from the rural areas of VA, that will favor Trump. But if none of the urban areas are reporting their results yet and Trump only has a small lead from the rural areas the race will flip for Biden once those votes come in.

MWoO

Reaction score
It comes down to their projections and where the votes left are coming from. If the votes already in are from the rural areas of VA, that will favor Trump. But if none of the urban areas are reporting their results yet and Trump only has a small lead from the rural areas the race will flip for Biden once those votes come in.
It appears that the areas still being counted are mostly rural with Trump having a fairly decent lead already. It is possible he flips VA. Though I believe Norfolk and Richmond are not called yet so that lead could be gone. Still odd that they called it so early, yet Florida with a huge lead and over 90% reporting hasn't been called yet.

This certainly isn't the blow out so many expected.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
It appears that the areas still being counted are mostly rural with Trump having a fairly decent lead already. It is possible he flips VA. Though I believe Norfolk and Richmond are not called yet so that lead could be gone. Still odd that they called it so early, yet Florida with a huge lead and over 90% reporting hasn't been called yet.

This certainly isn't the blow out so many expected.
I'll be honest. I expected a blue wave across the country. But the Republicans are showing very strong. Not just in the national races but at the state levels as well.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m not expecting a blowout. Not all votes are in for Miami (Broward and Dade Counties), but Trump has a sizable lead in the Panhandle.
Right now Trump’s lead is razor-thin.

No surprises Biden took my state of New Jersey. Biden also won New York, but Trump took out quite a chunk.
The big swing state is Pennsylvania. It will be a while before the results are in. But neither one can afford to lose it.

MWoO

Reaction score
If Trump can't retake AZ this will all come down to PA. If he does take AZ, he doesn't need PA.

I know we won't really have the results for a week or so, but it is interesting to see just how close it is. Another prime example of how you can't motivate your base simply by saying "well I'm not Trump!". Imagine if the dems actually tried. Imagine if Bernie was their pick. He would have creamed Trump. The dems never expected to win.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
11 PM here on th East Coast.
207 Biden, 148 Trump.
Neither have reached 270 yet, and there are still so many key states out there. This is going to be a grind.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
11 PM here on th East Coast.
207 Biden, 148 Trump.
Neither have reached 270 yet, and there are still so many key states out there. This is going to be a grind.
We won't know anything until Friday and Pennsylvania. Nevada has been called for Biden. WI MI and PA are the key states at this point