Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I have no idea where you got that map from, but after seeing that do you still contend that we should elect a president based on popular vote? You do realize that if you don't live in New York or California your vote would be essentially meaningless?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There is no way Trump will ever get a majority in New York or New Jersey. Both states have Ben Democrat run for as long as I can remember. Chris Christie was the first and only Republican governor in recent memory.
One strong reason New Jersey is such a blue state, the Teachers Union (my aunt has headed one chapter for decades) throws a lot of weight around.

There is also a correlation between Democrat run states and the high number of COVID cases and lockdowns.
By contrast, a red state like South Dakota,, never locked down and never had a spike in cases.

Any Del

Reaction score
Remember what I said a while back about how nobody seems to be taking into consideration that in spite of the fact that Biden may be ahead in so many polls across the country, and could even possibly win a popular vote, that there's still the matter of the Electoral College favoring Trump, just like what happened in 2016 when Hillary was ahead in all the polls and actually won the popular vote? Well, this current electoral map is scary AF:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I really wish D'Snowth would cite his sources. I dont believe that map for a second and it contradicts just about every single national pole out there. Sadly, we'll never know cause D'Snowth just pulls random stuff from the internet without EVER citing a source. Just this once, D'Snowth, could you let us in on your little secret here?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It was predicted last week Pennsylvania will be the state that hangs in the balance the most. At this point nobody is a shoo-in.

The only thing I can say with any certainty- California, New York, and New Jersey go to Biden. Everything else is up for grabs.

MWoO

Reaction score
And the only reason NY will go Biden is because of NYC. Literally one city turns the entire state. Everyone who lives in NYC hates living here, but let's honor the popular vote so we can all live this way!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
And the only reason NY will go Biden is because of NYC. Literally one city turns the entire state. Everyone who lives in NYC hates living here, but let's honor the popular vote so we can all live this way!
Only reason Wisconsin will go Biden is because of Milwaukee. The rural part of the state is republican. Milwaukee has had a Democratic mayor forever. Nobody wants to live there. They have to.pass a law to make city workers, firefighters and policemen to live there. You couldn't pay me enough money to live in Milwaukee or even visit there. Its got some good things going for it. Great restaurants. Great music scene and entertainment. Great museums. But not worth risking my life for. And yet, Milwaukee keeps voting Democrat.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ll say this. I’ve seen a lot of presidents on the campaign trail, even before I was old enough to vote. Reagan could draw a crowd. Bill Clinton drew a crowd. Obama could draw a crowd. But like him or not, nobody could pull people in like Trump. I must say I’ve never seen anything like it. He made five or six stops yesterday, and at each stop tens of thousands showed up.
This morning Biden was making one last effort in Scranton, PA. If there was ten people there that was a lot. He spent so much time in the last month in his basement it’s too little too late.