Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The Electoral College was put in place to give every state an equal say. Otherwise states with the biggest populations, like New York and California, would dictate policy for the whole country.
The Gallup poll that came out this week showed 56% of the people said life is better now than it was four years ago. Polls can range widely. Even if you give a margin of error of 5 points, that would still put Trump higher than Obama was in 2012, Bush in 2004, Clinton in 1996, and Reagan in 1984.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
A lot of people are feeling a sense of relief that Biden is evidently ahead in all the polls, but nobody seems to be considering something here: in 2016, it was a similar story, in that Hillary was ahead in a lot of polls, and even won the popular vote by three million . . . but, Trump still ended up in the White House . . . why? The Electoral College. So, how do we know this won't happen again in 2020? Biden could very well beat out Trump in everything else by a landslide, but how do we know the Electoral College won't vote Trump in again?
Please D'Snowth if you are going to be the most prolific poster in here take the time to understand how our political system works and how the electoral college works. You really do embarass yourself sometimes.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Thursday will be the second debate. Trump is going to get grilled, since the moderator was a Biden supporter. And in the last week in the press handled Biden with kid gloves. Yesterday his most pressing question was “How did you like your milkshake?” If any reporter did try to ask about Hunter’s involvements with China and the Ukraine, Biden blows them off.

And this close to the election, Biden is laying low while Trump is out pounding the pavement. Just like Hillary didn’t campaign in swing states, this could be Biden’s downfall.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So who was it who was on my Facebook friends list and then sent me a very hateful private message. Only to block me so I could not respond? The line I love the most is "The Dwayne I know from Muppet Central is dead" I have you know I'm alive and well thank you!

MWoO

Reaction score
Can we just skip the election and name Amy Coney Barrett president?
Seriously, she is an amazing pick for SCOTUS. She is insanely smart and is answering a barrage of questions with no notes. She's citing case law, articles, etc. The democrats are trying to politicize this, but from what I see, any sane person would want her on the bench. The only reason people take issue with her is because Trump picked her.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Seriously, she is an amazing pick for SCOTUS. She is insanely smart and is answering a barrage of questions with no notes. She's citing case law, articles, etc. The democrats are trying to politicize this, but from what I see, any sane person would want her on the bench. The only reason people take issue with her is because Trump picked her.
She absolutely is more than qualified. She is very very impressive. She's able to cite case law, remember details of her previous rulings and cases, all without the use of notes. And she's stood toe to toe with the Democrats who are trying everything to discredit her. She's made them look very petty and silly.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, Trump picked her, and I expected it to be Kavanaugh revisited. But she didn’t break. She didn’t even bend. The Dems threw all this mud at her, and nothing stuck.

MWoO

Reaction score
When she had to respond to claims that she is racist because she adopted two black children I **** near lost it. How are we this insane?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So since my last post got ignored here is a copy of the message I received. Now keep in mind I have said nothing to this person or started this conversation. It was completely out of the blue and uncalled for. You young Democrats think that Trump and Trump supporters are the ones spreading hate? Well this right here to me proves the exact opposite.
Excuse the language I did not write this:
Dwayne, I just want to say this to you. You’re an absolute ******* d****** when it comes to politics. I get you’re republican and you know what? Whatever. You do you. But the fact that you still kiss (butt) to Donald Trump even after he’s done so much obvious (crap) to this country shows you are incredibly privileged. I’m willing to bet you probably don’t even bother going out without a mask on during these crazy times, and frankly, it’s people like you why this country is going to be the last one to have covid. Frankly I used to have a lot of respect for you during the times I’ve known you via Muppetcentral, but now, I can’t help but say that person I once knew is dead. With that said, I want nothing to do with you anymore. I hope you have a good life and I hope you enjoy your time in that privileged life of yours as a southern redneck who thinks Trump can do no harm. Goodbye.