Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
So for those not aware, right now Trump is doing a town hall instead of a debate because Biden refused to debate him in person. He seems to be coming out of the gate running tonight. Doesn't look like having Covid-19 made him miss a step. Biden, however, recently said he was running for Senate...again.... Biden's town hall doesn't make him look good at all. He seems so frail.

Seriously, they could have picked anyone but Biden and had a real chance, but no... they pick weak old man Biden.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So for those not aware, right now Trump is doing a town hall instead of a debate because Biden refused to debate him in person.
Wrong again.

The debate was going to be virtual since Trump had COVID, but Trump refused to do a virtual debate.

MWoO

Reaction score
Wrong again.

The debate was going to be virtual since Trump had COVID, but Trump refused to do a virtual debate.
.... that's the same thing I said only shifting blame to Trump....

Biden refused to debate Trump in person. Trump did not want to change the rules of the debate they had already agreed upon weeks ago and refused to agree to a change to a virtual debate because there was no need to do it. Frankly, if Biden is doing a town hall then there is no reason to do a virtual debate. If anything, since Trump already had and was cured of Covid-19, there is no fear that he could infect Biden and thus no reason to do a virtual debate.

MWoO

Reaction score
Wrong again.

And what the heck do you mean by wrong again????

Between the two of us, you have been proven wrong multiple times by multiple people. You've posted countless articles that you claim support your view point, only to find out the actual article says the opposite. Your nickname should be "The Headline Kid" because that is all you read. How many times has that happened to me? I think we have a pot and kettle situation here...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow. Just, wow.

This is just straight up hilarious. I almost hope that nobody actually tries explaining to Trump that Babylon Bee actually is a fake news site, just like Cracked and The Onion, because this perfectly illustrates just what a mental pygmy he really, truly is.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Both Trump and Biden had their separate Town Halls last night. Their second debate is scheduled for next week.

As far as the debate between Mike Pence and Kamala Harris, Pence seemed grounded and never flew off the handle. He managed to refute Harris’ claims without being condescending. He addressed her respectfully
and even though debates can be heated, it didn’t collapse into the hot mess the Trump/Biden debate was.

I don’t think Biden’s strategy was too effective. Trump (except for his hospital stay) has been out meeting people every chance he got, and fielding (deservedly) tough questions from the press. Biden has been holed up 90% of the time, and never had questions tougher than “Do you agree Orange Man Bad?”

Same with Hillary four years ago. The Dems picked the least likable candidate, she didn’t campaign in swing states like Wisconsin and Michigan, and the press never asked her any questions tougher than “How was your lunch at Chipotle?” She thought she had the election all wrapped up, and that delusion cost her dearly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A lot of people are feeling a sense of relief that Biden is evidently ahead in all the polls, but nobody seems to be considering something here: in 2016, it was a similar story, in that Hillary was ahead in a lot of polls, and even won the popular vote by three million . . . but, Trump still ended up in the White House . . . why? The Electoral College. So, how do we know this won't happen again in 2020? Biden could very well beat out Trump in everything else by a landslide, but how do we know the Electoral College won't vote Trump in again?

On another note, I find it amusing that some righties out there are saying their biggest fear about a Biden Presidency is . . . Democrats rubbing their faces in it for four years. Imagine that. Reps being afraid of one of the very things they've been doing for the past four years coming back at them . . . could it be they're afraid of karma, or is this just further evidence that they really can't take what they dish out?

MWoO

Reaction score
A lot of people are feeling a sense of relief that Biden is evidently ahead in all the polls, but nobody seems to be considering something here: in 2016, it was a similar story, in that Hillary was ahead in a lot of polls, and even won the popular vote by three million . . . but, Trump still ended up in the White House . . . why? The Electoral College. So, how do we know this won't happen again in 2020? Biden could very well beat out Trump in everything else by a landslide, but how do we know the Electoral College won't vote Trump in again?

On another note, I find it amusing that some righties out there are saying their biggest fear about a Biden Presidency is . . . Democrats rubbing their faces in it for four years. Imagine that. Reps being afraid of one of the very things they've been doing for the past four years coming back at them . . . could it be they're afraid of karma, or is this just further evidence that they really can't take what they dish out?
I don't think you know how the Electoral College works. There is no "everything else" for Biden to beat Trump in. There is the popular vote and the Electoral College vote. The popular vote is simply how much of the entire population voted. It does not now, nor has it ever, decided who was president. The people do not now, nor have they ever, directly voted for president. The states vote for president based on their own populations vote. You win a state, you win their votes. This has always been how we pick presidents and it only became an issue when Trump won because no one took him seriously and Hillary didn't go out there and campaign the way he did.

History may very well repeat itself in November. The polls show Trump is down, but we are also living in a time where real violence gets committed against people who support the sitting president. If I walk out in the street and yell "Vote Biden!" no one will say a word. If I yell "Vote Trump!" I run a real risk of physical attack. Trump signs are ripped out of people's yards. Students have been berated by teachers for saying they like Trump. People have been fired for saying they support Trump. You think people want to go around telling pollsters that they would vote Trump?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
To be fair, from what I read polling as a whole was overhauled due to what happened last election. It sounds like the results will be much more accurate this year, but obviously Trump could definitely get a second term.

Also @MWoO , where I live it’s the other way round. I don’t think anyone would be attacked for yelling “Vote Biden!” but there have been instances where Trump supporters tore down Biden signs. I think it just depends where you live; you being in New York, and I being in rural Virginia.