Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I can see why Trump would fire the head of the Tennessee Valley Authority. It’s not a privately owned company (where Trump would have no business stepping in) but a federally appointed post.
If the CEO was laying off American workers and replacing them with cheaper foreign labor, and at the same time giving himself a bloated paycheck, guilty.
I believe in legal terms this falls under malfeasance.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I can see why Trump would fire the head of the Tennessee Valley Authority. It’s not a privately owned company (where Trump would have no business stepping in) but a federally appointed post.
If the CEO was laying off American workers and replacing them with cheaper foreign labor, and at the same time giving himself a bloated paycheck, guilty.
I believe in legal terms this falls under malfeasance.
The guy was taking home $8 million a year. Trump wants to cut the salary for the position to 500 thousand. Also wants them to instead of hiring foreign workers they hire American. I don't see the issue. Perhaps D'Snowth could expand on his issues.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Hey, between 500 grand and food stamps, he might get by.
I’ll do his job for half that. Put money back in the taxpayers’ pockets.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Fr the last 60 days, Portland Oregon has seen endless riots, looting, shootings, buildings burned down, the whole nine.
Mayor Wheeler sat idly by and let his city get wrecked. He finally joined the protesters, not arresting anybody, trying to convince the mob he’s on their side. They still called him a fascist and demanded he step down.

This isn’t about George Floyd anymore. Hasn’t been for a long time.

But don’t pay any attention to the riots and destruction. The media will still you it’s “mostly” peaceful protesters.

And officer David Dorn in St. Louis was shot by peaceful protesters too.
Still upset about the David Dorn situation. Absolutely devastating that he came out of retirement to protect a friend's store and got murdered in the process. Even worse that hardly any media outlet covered it or honored him.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Why the angry face, @mariolover ? I have my reservations about the choice too, but I assume it’s for different reasons than yours.

mariolover

Reaction score
Why the angry face, @mariolover ? I have my reservations about the choice too, but I assume it’s for different reasons than yours.
I don’t like Joe Biden or Kamala. I don't think I will ever vote Democrat in my life. There's too much stuff in the Democrat party I disagree with. I am a proud Republican!

As you likely know, I am a Trump supporter.

Don't get me wrong, Donald Trump can definitely be a jerk at times, and I wish he was nicer, but in my personal opinion, he has done great things for this country.

If you have a different opinion about Trump/Biden/Kamala, I respect that. I have real life friends that are both Trump and Biden supporters as well, and I get along with my Biden supporting friends really well.

Last edited:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I dislike Kamala because her bulldog approach to prosecution has led to some really shady bits on her resume.

I dislike Biden because there’s a lot of evidence to support him being a rapist.

And I dislike Trump because... well... let’s start with the virus. I don’t think ignoring doctors and scientists will ever be a smart decision.

mariolover

Reaction score
I dislike Kamala because her bulldog approach to prosecution has led to some really shady bits on her resume.

I dislike Biden because there’s a lot of evidence to support him being a rapist.

And I dislike Trump because... well... let’s start with the virus. I don’t think ignoring doctors and scientists will ever be a smart decision.
I personally believe a lot of modern so-called "science" is fake. And also I believe that Dr. Fauci is a fraud.