Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Since this year began, there has been a massive surge in black-on-black murders in New York.
In a virtue- signaling posture, Mayor DeBlasio had Black Lives Matter painted on the street in front of Trump Tower. (He can afford it since he slashed the police budget and over a thousand of the 38,000 New York cops have quit, especially since George Floyd’s killing).
So far this year 221 black people were killed in New York by other blacks. (about 336 so far this year in Chicago).

But the mayor is more upset someone spilled red paint on his mural than 221 blacks shot dead in his city.

I wonder how he would feel if someone painted Make America Great Again in front of Gracie Mansion.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Since this year began, there has been a massive surge in black-on-black murders in New York.
In a virtue- signaling posture, Mayor DeBlasio had Black Lives Matter painted on the street in front of Trump Tower. (He can afford it since he slashed the police budget and over a thousand of the 38,000 New York cops have quit, especially since George Floyd’s killing).
So far this year 221 black people were killed in New York by other blacks. (about 336 so far this year in Chicago).

But the mayor is more upset someone spilled red paint on his mural than 221 blacks shot dead in his city.

I wonder how he would feel if someone painted Make America Great Again in front of Gracie Mansion.
Silly you. Those 221 black lives don't matter.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Goya foods has made the news in recent weeks. The CEO.Robert Unanue, said he supported Trump, and Democrats lost their minds. Never mind they started a program called MyPlate with Michelle Obama to bring nutritious food to poor people. Never mind they donated millions of cans during Covid. Never mind AOC screeching about how evil capitalism is run by evil white people keeping people of color down, when Goya has been run by the Unanue family since 1936 and employed 100% by Hispanic people. All it took was for the CEO to support Trump and all bets were off.
A boycott started (I’ve been using Goya beans in my chili for years long before Trump came along), but then a counter-boycott started, and now markets are having a hard time keeping Goya on the shelves. Rice, beans, and spices are flying out the door. Goya has done more for the Hispanic economy, and in spite (or maybe because of) the Democrat boycott, Goya was not cancelled.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Didn’t work out too well. Three of my local supermarkets are sold out. Goya has half of one side of an aisle just for itself. Bare shelves.

One good thing, People are buying up all the Goya they can find, and donating it to food banks.

Amazon is selling out.Next thing you know people will sell cans on eBay.

Back in 1990, at my college graduation, Daniel Unanue was the CEO of Goya then. Based on Secaucus, NJ, not far from where I lived. He spoke, and even then was grateful his parents came from Spain, started Goya, and praised this country for giving an immigrant family the chance to prosper. Goya is the embodiment of the American Dream.

MWoO

Reaction score
There is buzz around the internet that they officially stated they found "off world vehicles", but from what I can tell there has been no evidence of these released. Most of the concern is around technology that other countries may have that we do not know about.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Fr the last 60 days, Portland Oregon has seen endless riots, looting, shootings, buildings burned down, the whole nine.
Mayor Wheeler sat idly by and let his city get wrecked. He finally joined the protesters, not arresting anybody, trying to convince the mob he’s on their side. They still called him a fascist and demanded he step down.

This isn’t about George Floyd anymore. Hasn’t been for a long time.

But don’t pay any attention to the riots and destruction. The media will still you it’s “mostly” peaceful protesters.

And officer David Dorn in St. Louis was shot by peaceful protesters too.