Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If he does decide to run, he has to declare himself...like... NOW.
And he needs a platform a little more specific than just “I feel like running”.

First Lady Kim is going to need a cause. Betty Ford used to be an alcoholic, then they sobered her up and got a clinic named after her.
Barbara Bush’s crusade was to teach kids to read.
What will Kim’s cause be? What naughty teddy to wear when the President comes home?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This just in!

In Columbus, Ohio, there’s a petition circulating to take down another Columbus statue...

And put up a statue of Chef Boyardee.
The guy who gave us canned ravioli.

So I guess on the second Monday in October, Italians in New York will march in the Chef Boyardee Day Parade.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I can understand the sentiment that Columbus must go.
But do you know who also had his statue pulled down?
Frederick Douglass.
The man was born a slave, became an abolitionist, wrote many epic speeches about the evils of slavery, and in his later years became an ambassador to Haiti.
Quite a life for a slave. But his statue must go too.
Also threatening to be torn down is the Emancipation statue of Lincoln freeing a slave. This statue was funded by former slaves as a tribute to what Lincoln did.
No matter. Gotta go.
Many of these statues are not being destroyed by oppressed black people, but woke white people. Trouble is, some of them are so ignorant they’re taking down statues without knowing the historical significance behind them. Their attitude is American history must be erased.

I’ll agree up to this point. I don’t want to see any statues of Hitler, but it’s important to remember what he did.
Not to glorify him, but not to deny his atrocities either.

Yes, slavery was part of American history. But there has been slavery for thousands of years in every culture on earth. Most notably Egyptians enslaving the Hebrews, but that’s only one example.
Even before Columbus came, Native American tribes were enslaving each other. But we were the only country to abolish slavery. 600,000 died to end slavery. Let them try to remember that when they pull the next statue down.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
There were 8 kids killed over the weekend because of gun violence. Including a 9 year old at a mall when 2 groups of men decided to have a shootout. Black lives matter? How about they start addressing the daily black on black violence and murder. Far more blacks are killed by black on black crime than by crooked cops

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This weekend in New York, 18 shot dead in less than 24 hours. The same black on black crime that’s been plaguing Chicago for decades.
People like Al Sharpton have no comment.