Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Old Thunder

Reaction score
It's hard to stay calm when people see this situation from so many angles and still think this was just another case of cops murdering unarmed black people, which was the story pushed by most media outlets. It is infuriating when so much primary source footage is available, but the cop is still fired and may still face charges just to quell the masses.

I apologize for reading into your post, but frankly I am tired of seeing US streets be occupied by armed guards and be called a "summer of love" by the mayor. I am tired of seeing yet another riot, this time over something that is so blatantly not "brutality". I am tired of hearing about countless police officers quitting because the country just decided they are all evil. I am tired of watching the country burn and people being totally ok with it, or worse, the media out right pretending like it isn't happening. I am tired of members of a political party that take glee in the country going to **** because it means they might finally get Trump out of office. The ends don't justify the means.
Thank you. I can see your perspective, and for what it’s worth, on this case I find myself a lot more aligned with your thoughts than I expected to be. Apology accepted.

MWoO

Reaction score
Val Demings, Biden’s latest pick for a running mate, suggests “If you’re a black cop, you’re not black”.
If there is one thing people who are proud of their identity want to hear is why they aren't actually the thing they are. Pretty sure there was a Fresh Prince episode about something like this....

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Another ridiculous attack on police

Can someone explain to me what the police officer did wrong in this story? He responded to a report of teens fighting with a gun seen. He approached them with his gun drawn as I would expect any officer would do in ANY report of a gun seen. The report of a gun proved to be true as the teens ditched the gun in some nearby bushes. Honestly, what do people expect police to do in reports of a gun being seen? Stroll up to them casually, "Hey ya'll, I hear you've got a gun. Please don't use it on me?" Maybe the criticism should lie with the teens who were brandishing a gun. And the rapper trying to make it racist comparing it to white kids with hunting rifles is just as idiotic. I'm so sick of the sheer stupidity and attacks on law enforcement. Not every police encounter is racist. Quit living in a bubble ya'll!!! Here endeth my rant.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Let’s take the police out of the equation for one minute. Suppose the kids were fighting and one got shot. A BB gun might not do as much damage as an AK-47, but someone can still get hurt.
But suppose one of the kids got hurt. Would the others not call the cops for help? Or insist only a black cop show up?
What if the lady stopped and saw a kid on the ground bleeding. “She’d probably the first one screaming for cops because “They’re children!!!”

We’re lucky this ended without incident. Nobody got arrested, the cop didn’t have to pull the trigger.

Once upon a time in England, police didn’t even have guns. All you had was a whistle and a flashlight.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So a good portion of Atlanta police officers walked off the job tonight. Mayor requested mutual aid from nearby jurisdictions and they refused to respond unless it's a call for officer down. Reports are that police scanner from zone 6 in Atlanta is dead silent. Good for them. Bring in the social workers to deal with any crises. They want a world without police, give them a world without police. Give the people what they want.

MWoO

Reaction score
FELONY MURDER!

The cop in the Ray Shard Brooks case was charged with FELONY MURDER!

Felony Murder is a charge that is tacked on to other charges, i.e.: someone is robbing a bank and then kills someone whether it is with intent or not. In Georgia, it is applicable for the DEATH PENALTY. What rational person could possibly think that this cop should be charged with felony murder and potentially face the death penalty? What world are we living in? What felony was this cop committing?

This is outrageous over charging!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
FELONY MURDER!

Felony Murder is a charge that is tacked on to other charges, i.e.: someone is robbing a bank and then kills someone whether it is with intent or not. In Georgia, it is applicable for the DEATH PENALTY. What rational person could possibly think that this cop should be charged with felony murder and potentially face the death penalty? What world are we living in? What felony was this cop committing?

Not only that just a week ago the same Fulton County DA who charged him felony murder charged another officer with assualt with a deadly weapon because he used a tazer on a protestor. He stated then, "Under Georgia law, a tazer is considered a deadly weapon." Think about that. Last week a tazer was considered a deadly weapon. This week, when a police officer is defending himself because a suspect stole his tazer (a deadly weapon, remember) and used it on him, he's charged with felony murder. This DA is OK with sacrificing the cops life for political purposes. That's a special kind of bullcrap.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Part of it is to satisfy public outcry. Mob rule. If some extremists had their way, this cop (Garrett Rolf, I believe) would either get lynched, put in front of a firing squad, or put in the electric chair and let The Brooks family throw the switch.
Derek Chauvin was far more malicious and even 2nd degree murder seems too severe.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
FELONY MURDER!

This and the fact people are protesting his death has made me lose all faith for humanity... people don't even know what they're marching about at this point.

This is probably the best video on the matter: