Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
(WARNING, this video is extremely hard to watch)

If you are going to remember the name George Floyd, make sure you also remember the name David Dorn. A retired police officer that lost his life trying to help his friend defend his business.

If you are going to remember the name George Floyd, make sure you remember this woman in the Bronx who lost her livelihood in an area she was trying to help bring up.

If you are going to remember the name George Floyd, make sure you remember the name K.B. Balla. A fire fighter who worked all his life to open a sports bar in his neighborhood only to have it destroyed and looted before he could even make it to his opening day.

Please tell me again how these are "mostly peaceful protests". Tell me again how the cause is Black Lives Matter, when black lives are the ones being destroyed. Gavry3, you want to be a tough guy and tell people to "sit down" acting like you hard? Tell that to these people who lost everything. Tell them how you can replace property and how you can just order things on Amazon so none of this really matters. Oh wait, you can't tell that to David Dorn because he's dead.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You beat me to it.
I’d be out there with the peaceful protesters. But the minute a brick gets thrown or a store gets looted, all bets are off.
After tomorrow, David Dorn’s name will be forgotten. A black cop shot by a black man while protecting a black business.
Peaceful protests are undermined when people show up with the intent to destroy, rob, and harm people trying to defend their businesses.

The trendy thing now is for celebrities to bail protesters out of jail. That’s all well and good, but the ones that do the actual looting deserve to be in jail.

Meanwhile DeBlasio hates Cuomo, Cuomo hates DeBlasio, they both hate Trump, but neither want to bring in theNational Guard to stop the rioting.

Fun stuff.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
(WARNING, this video is extremely hard to watch)

If you are going to remember the name George Floyd, make sure you also remember the name David Dorn. A retired police officer that lost his life trying to help his friend defend his business.

If you are going to remember the name George Floyd, make sure you remember this woman in the Bronx who lost her livelihood in an area she was trying to help bring up.

If you are going to remember the name George Floyd, make sure you remember the name K.B. Balla. A fire fighter who worked all his life to open a sports bar in his neighborhood only to have it destroyed and looted before he could even make it to his opening day.

Please tell me again how these are "mostly peaceful protests". Tell me again how the cause is Black Lives Matter, when black lives are the ones being destroyed. Gavry3, you want to be a tough guy and tell people to "sit down" acting like you hard? Tell that to these people who lost everything. Tell them how you can replace property and how you can just order things on Amazon so none of this really matters. Oh wait, you can't tell that to David Dorn because he's dead.
The first video ended up getting removed.

gravy

Reaction score
There are protestors, rioters, and looters. None like to associate with each other in this movement. You want to sympathize with those who lost their businesses? Go ahead. But don't forget that you're prioritizing business and economy over people dying and getting hurt fighting for justice. And it isn't like police are helping ANYONE out. If businesses getting looted and burnt down is what you grieve over instead of people being shot and beat to death and police forcing violence onto anyone fighting for their rights, remember you were on the wrong side of history when all the books are written in 50 years. Stop fighting a fake enemy.
Enough said.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
There are protestors, rioters, and looters. None like to associate with each other in this movement. You want to sympathize with those who lost their businesses? Go ahead. But don't forget that you're prioritizing business and economy over people dying and getting hurt fighting for justice. And it isn't like police are helping ANYONE out. If businesses getting looted and burnt down is what you grieve over instead of people being shot and beat to death and police forcing violence onto anyone fighting for their rights, remember you were on the wrong side of history when all the books are written in 50 years. Stop fighting a fake enemy.
Enough said.
Can't one do both? Can't one stand up against systemic racism AND against rioting and looting? It's not an either/or situation.

gravy

Reaction score
Can't one do both? Can't one stand up against systemic racism AND against rioting and looting? It's not an either/or situation.
Of course! But from what I've seen his counters are focused on the victims of rioting and looting more so over victims of police brutality. One is clearly more important than the other and- sympathy isn't quite enough on both ends.

MWoO

Reaction score
It's amazing how selective your brain is. David Dorn died. He was 77 years old. A black retired police officer. Dead. There are at least 12 deaths associated with this movement. There are many more injuries and beatings by mobs in the street. How many more innocent people need to die to show that black lives matter? But yeah... I only care about businesses... keep saying that so you can think you are right.

As for businesses, only someone who has never worked hard to create anything or has no empathy can listen to those two business owners and feel nothing. It's not the building I mourn, it's the years of hard work and dedication I mourn. It's the life of a woman who had to pick through the rumble of her store who has lost everything. It's the life of an ex-fire fighter, a man in tears.

If you don't care about the lives lost and ruined due to this, you don't really care about black lives. You're an anarchist.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
It's amazing how selective your brain is. David Dorn died. He was 77 years old. A black retired police officer. Dead. There are at least 12 deaths associated with this movement. There are many more injuries and beatings by mobs in the street. How many more innocent people need to die to show that black lives matter? But yeah... I only care about businesses... keep saying that so you can think you are right.

As for businesses, only someone who has never worked hard to create anything or has no empathy can listen to those two business owners and feel nothing. It's not the building I mourn, it's the years of hard work and dedication I mourn. It's the life of a woman who had to pick through the rumble of her store who has lost everything. It's the life of an ex-fire fighter, a man in tears.

If you don't care about the lives lost and ruined due to this, you don't really care about black lives. You're an anarchist.
I posted a link to a video of former Milwaukee police chief above. I would hazard a guess that it applies to @gavry3 here. Maybe I'm wrong. I see so many protesters that really didnt give a rat's behind 3 weeks ago.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Just ten days ago, the police (by edicts from their mayors and governors) were ready to crack down on anyone not wearing a mask, let alone being outside.
Now the police are in a bind, because curfews are not being enforced and looters continue to destroy businesses without fear of consequences.
DeBlasio seems to be shrugging off the carnage happening in his city.
Protests ain’t gonna be peaceful. And if some stores get burned and people get hurt, hey. That’s what angry people will do, get it?

Just give him a violin and call him Nero.