Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Floyd was not arrested because he was black, he was arrested for passing counterfeit money. He was not pinned to the ground because he was black, he was pinned to the ground because he refused to get into the cop car after several attempts. He did not die from the hold the cop had him in, he died from heart failure due to a pre-existing condition and having intoxicants in his system.
um... the amount of disrespect for this man's death in this post is absolutely disgusting. this was ABSOLUTELY a product of racism in the police system in our country. the man was held on the ground for almost 9 minutes. if the man was white, that wouldn't have happened.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
um... the amount of disrespect for this man's death in this post is absolutely disgusting. this was ABSOLUTELY a product of racism in the police system in our country. the man was held on the ground for almost 9 minutes. if the man was white, that wouldn't have happened.
yes
yes
Absolutely correct Tai

MWoO

Reaction score
I think it's more than just reforming the judicial system. I think the role of the police union has to be looked at as well. Many times, the union does not allow these bad officers to be fired and only suspended with pay pending investigation.
I agree with you 100% on this. The police union allows unfit cops to remain on the force. Cops who are mentally unfit and physically unfit which leads to situations such as this.

Rare? Are you blind or are you blind? The privilege reeks.
Yes, rare. When you look at the amount of police interactions that happen throughout the nation on a daily basis, this is a rare case and we are seeing the people responsible for the death being held accountable.

That does not mean that these cases are not important, but they are rare.

You completely ignored the second half of that post where I condemn the actions of the cop and say he should be held accountable.

Literally nothing says this was racially motivated other than the cop was white and Floyd was black. You say that this does not happen to white people, but ignore the statistics that state it does in fact happen to white people, more often than black people in fact, which makes sense when looking at demographics. The facts may change and new evidence may show there was a racial motivation, but as of right now that is assumed because of the color of the skin of the parties involved.

Also, this happens to white people as well. Look up Tony Timpa. A white male that died due to similar circumstances where the cop put his entire weight onto him and killed him while handcuffed. Saying this does not happen to white people disrespects his death. This is not a race issue, this is a cop issue that can only be solved with body cameras and removing protections afforded to them by their unions.

You guys call me ignorant, but everything I have said has been based on the facts at hand. No one has been able to tell me what is incorrect about the facts at hand.

And again, because this apparently this keeps getting missed:

THE COP WAS WRONG! HE SHOULD BE JAILED! ALL SIGNS POINT TO HIM LIKELY BEING CONVICTED FOR MURDER AS HE SHOULD BE!

Now, can we please stop having white rioters burn down black neighborhoods?

gravy

Reaction score
Yes, rare. When you look at the amount of police interactions that happen throughout the nation on a daily basis, this is a rare case and we are seeing the people responsible for the death being held accountable.

Hm. Ignorance is bliss.
but as of right now that is assumed because of the color of the skin of the parties involved.
assumed
cops KNOW of police brutality, as anyone should, and the officer held his stance for over 7 minutes. you can't expect anyone to LIVE after over 7 minutes of suffocation. you can't be a police officer and NOT know the situation. not to mention Floyd complied orders and yet was STILL beaten, suffocated, and killed.
You guys call me ignorant, but everything I have said has been based on the facts at hand. No one has been able to tell me what is incorrect about the facts at hand.
sit down, lil mister sir
To quote YOU in that same exact post-
"This is not a race issue, this is a cop issue that can only be solved with body cameras and removing protections afforded to them by their unions."
You do know many of the people BEGINNING the riots and making riots out of peaceful protests are cops, not only undercover but also on-duty. Not to mention various white supremacists and antifa, which is... a whole nother story.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I agree with you 100% on this. The police union allows unfit cops to remain on the force. Cops who are mentally unfit and physically unfit which leads to situations such as this.

You completely ignored the second half of that post where I condemn the actions of the cop and say he should be held accountable.

Literally nothing says this was racially motivated other than the cop was white and Floyd was black. You say that this does not happen to white people, but ignore the statistics that state it does in fact happen to white people, more often than black people in fact, which makes sense when looking at demographics. The facts may change and new evidence may show there was a racial motivation, but as of right now that is assumed because of the color of the skin of the parties involved.

Also, this happens to white people as well. Look up Tony Timpa. A white male that died due to similar circumstances where the cop put his entire weight onto him and killed him while handcuffed. Saying this does not happen to white people disrespects his death. This is not a race issue, this is a cop issue that can only be solved with body cameras and removing protections afforded to them by their unions.

And again, because this apparently this keeps getting missed:

THE COP WAS WRONG! HE SHOULD BE JAILED! ALL SIGNS POINT TO HIM LIKELY BEING CONVICTED FOR MURDER AS HE SHOULD BE!

i hear what you're saying, i do, but i don't think you realize that this isn't just about cops killing people, it's also about the institutionalized racism in our nation and how our government supports it. people are rioting because they are SICK and TIRED of the racial inequality and oppression that has plagued our nation for hundreds of years. things need to change, and unfortunately, rioting is one of the few methods that works if enough people do it. our nation was actually FOUNDED on riots, like the Boston Tea Party, and the Stonewall Riots paved the way for gay and trans rights. people of color, specifically black people, fear for their lives everyday just because of their skin color and it's beyond unfair

MWoO

Reaction score
Hm. Ignorance is bliss.
You mean like how you remain ignorant of the many cases where this happens to white people as well?

assumed
cops KNOW of police brutality, as anyone should, and the officer held his stance for over 7 minutes. you can't expect anyone to LIVE after over 7 minutes of suffocation. you can't be a police officer and NOT know the situation. not to mention Floyd complied orders and yet was STILL beaten, suffocated, and killed.
He was not suffocated though. The autopsy does not show he died from suffocation or neck injury. That does NOT mean I think the cop did the right thing, but facts are important. He was not suffocated by the cops, he was pinned down and died from heart failure from his pre-existing condition which was made worse by being pinned which is why the cop was charged with 3rd degree murder.

Nothing points to this being racially motivated. If a white man hits a black man that does not automatically mean the white man is racist. Show me something that says this was racially motivated other than the fact Floyd was black and the cops were white and maybe you can convince me. Otherwise, nothing so far shows that this was racially motivated.

You claim this doesn't hapen to white people, I give you a clear example or almost the exact same thing happening to white people, and you ignore it.

Again, you are arguing with me as if I support the cop's actions.

sit down, lil mister sir
You're entire post does noting to counter any argument I have made and only shows you being dismissive or totally misconstruing any point I have made.

To quote YOU in that same exact post-
"This is not a race issue, this is a cop issue that can only be solved with body cameras and removing protections afforded to them by their unions."
You do know many of the people BEGINNING the riots and making riots out of peaceful protests are cops, not only undercover but also on-duty. Not to mention various white supremacists and antifa, which is... a whole nother story.
So, the cops made people loot stores? Are you for real? And now Antifa is the same as white supremacists? The left needs to make up it's mind. Last I check Antifa and Black Lives Matter went hand in hand.

I live right by these riots in Brooklyn. Don't sit there and tell me these are peaceful protests. Maybe when they burn down your neighborhood you can talk.

MWoO

Reaction score
i hear what you're saying, i do, but i don't think you realize that this isn't just about cops killing people, it's also about the institutionalized racism in our nation and how our government supports it. people are rioting because they are SICK and TIRED of the racial inequality and oppression that has plagued our nation for hundreds of years. things need to change, and unfortunately, rioting is one of the few methods that works if enough people do it. our nation was actually FOUNDED on riots, like the Boston Tea Party, and the Stonewall Riots paved the way for gay and trans rights. people of color, specifically black people, fear for their lives everyday just because of their skin color and it's beyond unfair
I can tell you right now there are far more black people in fear of the riots than they are in fear of the cops on a daily basis.

The media takes stories such as the George Floyd case and sensationalizes them. All you hear about are the stories where a black person is killed by police. The stories of white people killed by police never make it to the news, like with Tony Timpa. This was a case of a man off his meds that was handcuffed and thrown to the ground, was not being violent, and was killed because a cop pushed his entire weight onto him. no one knows that story tough because the guy who died was white.

When you watch the news you only hear about the stories that sell and racially charged stories sell. When you actually look at the stats you see that there is hardly a racial divide when it comes to police interactions gone wrong.

Meanwhile, we tell minorities to fear the police because the police are out murdering black people.

I agree that reform is needed. The standards for police are far too low. Their protections from their union are far too high. The powers or local police have been increased to insane standards, mostly due to fear of terrorism back in 2001. Thing is, the riots justify that power grab in the eyes of the government. This is not how we will see change.

You want change? Vote in local elections. Vote for your local sheriff, your local DA. You now, those elections everyone forgets about.

gravy

Reaction score
You mean like how you remain ignorant of the many cases where this happens to white people as well?
Yeah! Because white people are being oppressed! 🙄
The autopsy does not show he died from suffocation or neck injury.
Autopsy also said there were "potential intoxicants", which, if you believe that, you would believe any bullsh:eek:t.
Your entire post does nothing to counter any argument I have made and only shows you being dismissive or totally misconstruing any point I have made.
read it again until you understand the point i'm trying to make and why i even posted in the first place. and before you jump to any one of those ASSUMPTIONS of yours i suggest you put yourself in others' shoes.
So, the cops made people loot stores? Are you for real?
do you believe in the broken window theory
And now Antifa is the same as white supremacists?
girl what
Last I check Antifa and Black Lives Matter went hand in hand.
what ever happened to your "facts"? cause that doesn't sound right to me
I can tell you right now there are far more black people in fear of the riots than they are in fear of the cops on a daily basis.
YOOOOOO. THE PRIVILEGE REEKS
the riots justify that power grab in the eyes of the government. This is not how we will see change.
These stores that are being looted? They're made for THEM to get money and for US to pay because... consumer demand, duh. Anyone can get anything online these days, does it really matter that much? These stores can be rebuilt in no time while the oppression of black people in america has been going on since before america. you remember the suffragettes? they smashed windows and asked the government if their lives or the property mattered more. it still took them YEARS to finally get their rights. you remember the bloody sunday? turnaround tuesday? you would THINK the government would learn. the national anthem kneels, the oscar speeches, the protests, the riots, WHAT has changed? and you find it sensible to think the riots are unprecedented. SIT down