Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean that’s really both extremies when it comes to their opposing parties.

I have seen it on the extreme right with Obama and Hillary. I have seen it on the extreme left with Mitt Romney and especially Trump now. That’s political life for you 🤷🏿‍♂️

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay...... this is one of the few times I absolutely love Fox News.

Seriously........ people only support Joe because he was with Obama. Had he been with a republican he would have instantly been just as much deep ****. Gotta love when rape only matters now if it’s a republican. 🙄

But in all honesty, I’m not even surprised anymore. This same ******* party basically gave a Democrat pass to Bill Clinton as well.

Last edited:

MWoO

Reaction score
It just goes to show that people in general are more than willing to suspend their moral convictions if it suits their needs. This isn't a left or right thing, it's a people thing. It also goes to show just how little people actually care about these issues.

Edit: Though I will say, the left tends to be more of the virtue signalers these days. Remember when that was the right? Crazy how issues just swap between parties.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've noticed today that Trumpy's been back on Twitter (again), this time with a series of rather simple tweets: "LIBERATE VIRGINIA!" "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!" "LIBERATE MINNESOTA!" No idea what any of this was about, but as it turns out, not surprisingly, since he alone has no authority of what each state does with its own individual lockdown/stay-at-home/shelter-in-place orders and guidelines, he's trying to stir up protests in these states to persuade their local governments to go ahead and reopen.

The sad thing is, it's apparently working: not only has Florida reopened a number of its beaches (namely in Jacksonville) tonight, but evidently Texas is planning on reopening the whole state tomorrow.

But then again, maybe this might be a good thing: they thin out their own herd because of their own lunacy, the country will probably end up being a safer place than it once was.

MWoO

Reaction score
sigh...

First off, Florida didn't just open the flood gates on parks and beaches. They instituted heavily restricted re-openings. Why is it that so many people think we only have the choice of total authoritarian lock down or massive death tolls?

Second, Michigan has crazy restrictive laws in place right now. People aren't allowed to travel within the state to their own property. They can't buy any home improvement supplies like gardening products, flooring products, paint, etc. They arrested people for protesting, which is a constitutional right! They have 10 million people in the state and only 30,000 cases, yet they are holding people hostage with restrictions that are greater than the hot spots like NY.

Medical experts are going to advise the best course of action with the soul intention of stopping the virus. However, we need to look at the big picture of what closing EVERYTHING will do to the country. Over 80,000 people died of the FLU in 2017's flu season. We didn't shut down the whole **** country for it. Yes, certain areas need to be restricted due to the shear amount of cases, but not Michigan.

Trump is touted as an authoritarian dictator who is begging to cease power over the people. Meanwhile, look at all the governors who jumped at the chance to do just that. Also, the actual numbers of what is happening are so much lower than what was projected. The shut downs were based on the crazy high projections. Now those projections are much lower, so it is time to realize things aren't AS bad and start looking at a reopening plan.

When G.W. Bush was in office and started the Iraq war he was destroyed in the media for starting a war with no exit strategy. Well, now we have all these states that shut everything down with no reopening strategy. Regardless of what you think his motives are, Trump's administration has at least created a matrix for states to follow when reopening their economy. The right thing to do is slowly reopen things, watch the numbers, and act accordingly. Which, btw, Cuomo has also said, but no one in the media attacked him for it. In fact, in many cases Trump and Cuomo have said the same thing but the media trashes Trump for it and praises Cuomo. The same man who wanted all of the federal stock pile for his own state, only to put it in storage "just in case". But Kushner was bashed because he said the federal stock pile did not belong to the states, meaning the federal stock pile is for the federal government to mobilize, not for New York to keep "just in case".

This whole situation has been met with panic and over reacting with no regard for the impact this will have on the future. Yes, it is serious in some areas, but even in the worst hit areas things are no where near as bad. But look at how quickly the American public was willing to give up their freedom out of fear. Now the people are upset and want some restrictions lifted. They protest and get arrested for it. What is this country? The death toll is no where near as high as many other causes of death, yet we don't give up everything we hold dear to prevent those causes.

I'll end my rant with this: "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

MWoO

Reaction score
So all that being said...

I do agree 100% with Cuomo's response to Trump. @D'Snowth, this one is for you!

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Joe's really getting ahead of himself. He realizes he actually has to WIN right. He can still lose to President Trump.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Never forget. 77 years ago today in Warsaw Jewish men and women rose up to fight against Nazi Germany. These brave men and women will never be forgotten . May God Bless these heroes.