Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
She makes some good points from time to time but I have many issues with her just as I do with Ben (I used to be a big supporter of him as well).

Buff Beaker

Reaction score

MWoO

Reaction score
I hope this is a start of things to come after the Virus is over. I pray to God the economy will get better and that everything will be better after this horrible Virus is gone.
Honestly, I can see the economy bouncing back if things start to reopen by the end of April. If we go further, we may not see the bounce back. Also, some stocks right now are doing well due to being essential services. For example, Lowe's Home Improvement stock took a HUGE dive down to 60. It bounced back to the mid 80's and is pretty stable there and even then it is under what it could be which is over 100. Basically, any business that you still see open is a business you should try to invest in now. If you had the foresight to do so during the first week of the free fall you will likely be very happy this time next year... if things go back sooner rather than later.

This will also be good news for those that have their 401k in large cap funds. Mid and low cap funds... those may not recover.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Honestly, I can see the economy bouncing back if things start to reopen by the end of April. If we go further, we may not see the bounce back. Also, some stocks right now are doing well due to being essential services. For example, Lowe's Home Improvement stock took a HUGE dive down to 60. It bounced back to the mid 80's and is pretty stable there and even then it is under what it could be which is over 100. Basically, any business that you still see open is a business you should try to invest in now. If you had the foresight to do so during the first week of the free fall you will likely be very happy this time next year... if things go back sooner rather than later.

This will also be good news for those that have their 401k in large cap funds. Mid and low cap funds... those may not recover.
I agree. I really like President Trump's idea of creating a second task force to focus on the economy and employment.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Here’s what a lot of people are agonizing over. Worst case scenarios for both- millions upon millions die, or the stock market plummets and makes 1929 look like a warm up.

The economy can recover, but how many have to die? We might save a lot of lives, but will we still have a country left? Nobody knows how bad this can get. Will this make or break Trump?
so many things still up in the air, I won’t be able to tell for a while. But showing any sign of an economic recovery, or any sign the curve of new cases are flattening out, is good news and people will respond in kind.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

If you’re looking for a sound investment, my wife works for CVS. Of the biggest companies, I believe they’re #8. It used to be the biggest were manufacturing like General Electric and Exxon.Now it’s service and information like CVS and Google.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Can I just say how strange I find it that even some of the most loyal Trump supporters out there evidently have issues with Kuschner? Granted, yeah, Kuschner was the one who kept convincing Trump up until recently that the pandemic was all a liberal hoax and the media was trying to distract him and make him look bad, yada-yada-yada, but a lot of those same supporters are among those out there who aren't even taking this pandemic as seriously as they need to (again, us southern states, many people are violating the safer-at-home guidelines, and as such, it's us southern states where the virus is really spreading). Still, I just find it odd as much as they worship the Trump family, that they would have any issues with any members of the family . . . I mean they love Donald himself, they love Melania, they love Ivanka, but Jared Kuschner they have issues with.

MWoO

Reaction score
Can I just say how strange I find it that even some of the most loyal Trump supporters out there evidently have issues with Kuschner? Granted, yeah, Kuschner was the one who kept convincing Trump up until recently that the pandemic was all a liberal hoax and the media was trying to distract him and make him look bad, yada-yada-yada, but a lot of those same supporters are among those out there who aren't even taking this pandemic as seriously as they need to (again, us southern states, many people are violating the safer-at-home guidelines, and as such, it's us southern states where the virus is really spreading). Still, I just find it odd as much as they worship the Trump family, that they would have any issues with any members of the family . . . I mean they love Donald himself, they love Melania, they love Ivanka, but Jared Kuschner they have issues with.
Yes, as we all know the red states that are the epicenter of this pandemic. States like New York, New Jersey, California, Washington, Illinois, Massachusetts.... look at all these red southern states that also have over 5000 cases and high rates of spread.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
This is truly awful news. My thoughts and prayers are with Prime Minster Johnson and his family and our friends in the U.K.