Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
I agreed with Warren on one thing, whichnispaid family leave. 13 between Biden and Bloomberg. Some surprised me. Some questions didn't have an option i wanted to pick and was forced to pick the closest one.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I agreed with Warren on one thing, whichnispaid family leave. 13 between Biden and Bloomberg. Some surprised me. Some questions didn't have an option i wanted to pick and was forced to pick the closest one.
That's where I was with some of the questions. You were forced to pick the lesser of the two or three evils on some of the questions, which may sway a couple of the results just a tad. It also weighs all of the issues equally, whereas some of the issues were way more important to me than others. Overall, it was a good test though. It does seem to align with people's posts on here as to where they fall on the moderate to liberal spectrum.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s still no indication of who will win in November. Between now and then anything can happen. Front runners can drop out, or someone can come from behind. So many political experts swore up and down there was no way Trump could win, and yet history proved them wrong.
Not that I wanted him to win this way, but Obama and Hillary’s biggest flaw was thinking Trump had no chance, and acting so smug about it. That states like Wisconsin and Michigan would never have much of a Republican turnout. That smugness, for lack of a better term, would come back to haunt her.
I think it would be foolish for whoever the Democrat nominee is to underestimate Trump, but Trump’s not a shoo-in either. He might win again, but it won’t be a landslide.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
It’s still no indication of who will win in November. Between now and then anything can happen. Front runners can drop out, or someone can come from behind. So many political experts swore up and down there was no way Trump could win, and yet history proved them wrong.
Not that I wanted him to win this way, but Obama and Hillary’s biggest flaw was thinking Trump had no chance, and acting so smug about it. That states like Wisconsin and Michigan would never have much of a Republican turnout. That smugness, for lack of a better term, would come back to haunt her.
I think it would be foolish for whoever the Democrat nominee is to underestimate Trump, but Trump’s not a shoo-in either. He might win again, but it won’t be a landslide.
I absolutely agree. Hillary and the Democrats underestimated Trump and the "flyover states". who knows what will happen. Honestly I think Bernie might win the nomination. If he wins Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada Biden is in trouble. https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/479884-sanders-opens-up-lead-in-iowa-poll

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I absolutely agree. Hillary and the Democrats underestimated Trump and the "flyover states". who knows what will happen. Honestly I think Bernie might win the nomination. If he wins Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada Biden is in trouble. https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/479884-sanders-opens-up-lead-in-iowa-poll
Sanders took a big leap in the most recent polls. This would be a positive for President Trump's reelection bid. Sanders is the most extreme liberal Democratic candidate and the one candidate President Trump has the largest lead over. I like Bernie as a person. I think he is the most genuine out of them all. I just disagree with just about everything he proposes.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It comes back to basics. Bernie promises free health care, free tuition, free housing, free refills, etc. But how is all this getting paid for? Tax the middle and working class even more? The more you tax the wealthy, the more they’ll move their assets overseas. (One advantage you being rich. You can afford a plane ticket). Go deeper in debt? We got 21trillion we can’t pay back.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Sanders took a big leap in the most recent polls. This would be a positive for President Trump's reelection bid. Sanders is the most extreme liberal Democratic candidate and the one candidate President Trump has the largest lead over. I like Bernie as a person. I think he is the most genuine out of them all. I just disagree with just about everything he proposes.
I absolutely agree with you. Bernie I disagree with all of his policies but at least hes truthful about them unlike Joe Biden who flip flops all the time.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
All politicians flip flop. At various points both Bill Clinton and Obama were taking measures to stem immigration, that illegal immigrants are taxing our country’s resources, and they got universal approval. Trump says the same thing, and tries to implement them, he’s racist, xenophobic etc., and Obama condemns him. Same policies he suggested when he was in office.

Those scandalous photos of children in cages, separated from their parents, being held in detention centers. How evil Trump is. Oh, but wait...these photos were from 2011. Someone remind this old coot who was President then, his name escapes me.