Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If he was still around, my votewould go to Pat Paulsen. Way back in 1968, one of the most popular tv shows was The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.
Pat was a regular on the show, and as a joke, mentioned he'd run in 1968. The whole thing was a goof, but he still got about 20,000 votes, even though he wasn't an official candidate. And every election, until he died in 1997,people would write in votes for him (along with Mickey Mouse, Jerry Garcia, Howard Stern, and other celebrities).
For someone who had no intention of running, he'd still get a small (but still significant) number of votes. Not enough to swing an election, but enough support from people who don't like any official nominee.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Over the next few months we'll see the herd thin out more.It costs a ton of money to run a campaign.Trump can afford it, Bernie to a degree, everybody else really has to hustle.
The only two missteps Kamala made:
1) Her comment about the 9/11 terrorists"some people did something" didn't help her.
2) last year during an interview, she was asked if she smoked weed, she
was a little too enthusiastic. "Oh, heck yeah!!!"
Back when I was younger, President Carter 's brother Billy provided some comic relief as a beer-swilling redneck. But he wasn't running the country.

It's still too early to call. Whoever can keep financing their campaign stands the best chance.
The only frustrating thing (look at Jen Bush), candidates sunk hundreds of millions of dollars into campaigns and came up empty. The people in Florida couldn't have been too happy.

MWoO

Reaction score
I will say this, it is true that the democrats have been looking to impeach Trump well before anything was actually found. Heck, remember when people were calling for his impeachment before he even took office? When Obama was elected there was a video of celebrities not only calling for urbanity, but pledging their allegiance to him. When Trump was elected there was a video from celebrities asking for the vote to be over turned.

Also, on a some what related note, I am all for companies making profits. You know why? Because I have a 401k that grew 15% this year, mostly due to having half of it in large cap stocks that profited from Trump's tax breaks. See, that is the thing people forget; regular people have money tied up in these "evil" corporations. That's how we can grow wealth. You invest in relatively safe stocks and hop[e they do well and reap the benefits. Then you take what you reap and reinvest and eventually grow your personal wealth.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I will say this, it is true that the democrats have been looking to impeach Trump well before anything was actually found. Heck, remember when people were calling for his impeachment before he even took office? When Obama was elected there was a video of celebrities not only calling for urbanity, but pledging their allegiance to him. When Trump was elected there was a video from celebrities asking for the vote to be over turned.

Also, on a some what related note, I am all for companies making profits. You know why? Because I have a 401k that grew 15% this year, mostly due to having half of it in large cap stocks that profited from Trump's tax breaks. See, that is the thing people forget; regular people have money tied up in these "evil" corporations. That's how we can grow wealth. You invest in relatively safe stocks and hop[e they do well and reap the benefits. Then you take what you reap and reinvest and eventually grow your personal wealth.
But that can't be. I was told only the evil rich benefit from a Trump economy and a healthy stock market.