Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
They've been looking to the Electoral College, and they're predicting an exact repeat of 2016: Trump will win the EC vote, but will lose the popular vote.
They weren't exactly accurate in 2016. They were predicting a Clinton landslide.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I just have an honest question for both @MuppetsRule and @fuzzygobo since this has been brought up from time to time on this thread.

I understand your reasons for being pro-life even if we may not see eye to eye on abortions, but just out of my own personal curiousness, what are your thoughts on a woman getting an abortion if her baby was created through rape?

MWoO

Reaction score
So this is simple. If one believes a fetus is a human life, and one believes ending a human life is murder, then how that human life came to be is inconsequential.

Also, abortions due to rape are such a small portion that it's not really an issue.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m well aware of why folks out there are against abortions even if I may not feel the same way, there’s no need to point out why it is considered “murder” to me. I don’t like the idea of taking a potential life away myself but I’m not going to be that guy to tell someone what to do with their bodies cause it’s not my business in the end.

Also, you really should be more careful with how you word that last sentence because that did actually make me raise an eyebrow a bit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Kamala Harris just lost more points with me:

Not that this affects me, given that I'm not in school anymore, but still, seven hours is already brutal enough for little kids. And if some kids have really early bedtimes, this would pretty much only give them a couple of hours to enjoy the rest of their day between the time they get off from school and have to go to bed.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Once upon a time I was totally for abortion, for any reason. Rape, woman's choice, don't want the baby born with any deformities, yeah, go for it!
But after a while, and hearing some of the things my dad said before he died, if he had his way I might not be here today.
So in good conscience, regardless of how a baby was conceived, I can't reconcile abortion.
It's the same I can't reconcile divorce. Society has made it too easy, too convenient to get an abortion, to have kids without being married, the fabric that holds society together has been coming apart for a long time, and I deplore it rather than a approve of it.