Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Alright, alright.

Walmart may be more strict, but that doesn’t apply to all shops. Local ones in particular come in mind.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo @MuppetsRule @MWoO

Okay, here's an actual example of AOC being foolish:

There's no denying the Electoral College is a broken system - that's something that almost everybody knows about, but to say it's a "racist scam" is not only just plain silly, it actually helps the stigma that the right perpetuates about the left that they find everything to be racist is some way or form.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo @MuppetsRule @MWoO

Okay, here's an actual example of AOC being foolish:

There's no denying the Electoral College is a broken system - that's something that almost everybody knows about, but to say it's a "racist scam" is not only just plain silly, it actually helps the stigma that the right perpetuates about the left that they find everything to be racist is some way or form.
I agree that AOC is pretty foolish and I think she tweets and says things just to get the spotlight.

But more about the electoral college. How is it a broken system?

MWoO

Reaction score
The electoral college is not a broken system. It works exactly as designed. The US was never designed to be a total direct democracy. We are a democratic republic. Each citizen votes within their state. Then each state votes for the president based on the states popular vote.

The president does not represent the people, the president represents the union of states. A set of 50 individual governments. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

I will say that I think states should split their votes based on the percentage of the popular vote within the states, but that is a state issue. The state government decides how their votes are split up, but almost always a state just gives all votes to the winner of the popular vote within their state. If votes were split by percentage each state would have a more fair say, IMO.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I’ve been seeing people on Twitter talking about the possibility that Hillary will jump into the race again. Any of you guys heard this? I think it’s stupid and blocks people who are much better for the job from running, but I don’t know if it’s true or not.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
At this point I really think she just needs to back off.

But if it comes down to another Trump vs Clinton debate..... then she’s getting my vote this time only for the sake of getting Trump out. 😕

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
The electoral college is not a broken system. It works exactly as designed. The US was never designed to be a total direct democracy. We are a democratic republic. Each citizen votes within their state. Then each state votes for the president based on the states popular vote.

The president does not represent the people, the president represents the union of states. A set of 50 individual governments. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

I will say that I think states should split their votes based on the percentage of the popular vote within the states, but that is a state issue. The state government decides how their votes are split up, but almost always a state just gives all votes to the winner of the popular vote within their state. If votes were split by percentage each state would have a more fair say, IMO.
That is a very good explanation of the Electoral College. And I agree that states should split their votes based on the popular vote. But now I'd like to hear from @D'Snowth how the Electoral College is a broken system. He often makes these types of claims without anything to back it up.

MWoO

Reaction score
That is a very good explanation of the Electoral College. And I agree that states should split their votes based on the popular vote. But now I'd like to hear from @D'Snowth how the Electoral College is a broken system. He often makes these types of claims without anything to back it up.
You know he isnt going to respond. I doubt he knows how it works....