Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Vehicles aren't designed specifically for mass destruction or murder.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
True, and airplanes weren't specifically made to crash into the Twin Towers and kill 3,000 people either.
I know guns are still a problem, but if you take the guns away, killing doesn't go away with it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's what the left wants. That's what the left is calling for. That's what the left is saying.

The left never said they were coming after all guns. The left never said they were banning all guns. The left never said they're taking guns away from responsible gun owners. It's the right that says the left says all of that crap as a scare tactic for all of the gun-toters in the country who support the NRA and crap.

They. Just. Want. Stricter. Gun. Laws. To. Prevent. Guns. From. Falling. Into. The. Hands. Of. The. Wrong. People.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Tbf, like I said before, not ALL left leaning people are like that. There are some who want guns banned, which I think is ridiculous.

If you’d like I can show you some screenshots on twitter.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sure there are, but I'm speaking of the political landscape, and this is something that's gone back to Obama's Administration: he just has to mention gun control, and the Reps are like, "You hear that! Obama's coming after our guns! He's infringing on our rights! He's the worst president ever! We can't let this happen!"

MWoO

Reaction score
Taking them away for good isn’t what should happen. What SHOULD happen is putting more strict precedures when purchasing them so as not to give them to the wrong people.
Do you even know what the gun purchasing laws are?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
That's what the left wants. That's what the left is calling for. That's what the left is saying.

The left never said they were coming after all guns. The left never said they were banning all guns. The left never said they're taking guns away from responsible gun owners. It's the right that says the left says all of that crap as a scare tactic for all of the gun-toters in the country who support the NRA and crap.

They. Just. Want. Stricter. Gun. Laws. To. Prevent. Guns. From. Falling. Into. The. Hands. Of. The. Wrong. People.
Oh really, now? They want to prevent guns from falling in to the wrong hands, you say? Then splain this to me please.

Democrats this week approved legislation to require background checks for essentially all sales and transfers of firearms -- but rejected GOP-led efforts to amend the legislation to alert law enforcement authorities when gun buyers, including illegal immigrants, fail those background checks.​
Republicans in the House charged that H.R. 8, known as "The Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019," should have included Florida Rep. Greg Steube's proposed amendment to require that law enforcement be notified "when an individual attempting to purchase a firearm fails a federal background check." (H.R. 8 was numbered in honor of former Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords, who was shot in Arizona on Jan. 8, 2011 by a mentally ill gunman.)​
Democrats voted against the bill that would require stricter background checks because law enforcement authorities would have to be notified of anyone who failed those checks, including illegal immigrants. They're not interested in preventing gun violence or stopping the illegal purchase of firearms. Not at the expense of promoting their own political agenda of illegal immigration. Democrats are more concerned about protecting illegal immigrants than they are concerned about protecting U.S. citizens.

Would love to hear your explanation on this one D'Snowth, but I'm sure you'll just ignore it like you always do when confronted with facts.