Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wanna new duck
One who won't try to bite
One who won't chew a hole in my socks
One who won't quack all night

I wanna new duck
One with big webbed feet
One who knows how to wash my car
And keep his room real neat

One of who raid the icebox
One who'll stay in shape
One that's never gonna try to migrate or escape

Or I'll tie him up with duct tape

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
He's been breaking laws since Day One of his Presidency, starting with the fact that he brought on his daughter and son-in-law as part of his Administration: nepotism in a Presidential Administration is against the law. They claim they're getting around that law with a loophole, though: they claim they're not taking salaries for their positions, so "technically," they're not actual employees of the "President."

Another major offense is the fact that he's clearly retained his businesses while in Office (something he said he wasn't going to do), as maintaining business(es) while sitting as President is another thing that's against the law . . . and of course, he profits from it all.
First, I think it's interesting that no Democrats are making these claims as impeachable offenses. Just you and whatever liberal echo chambers you participate in.

Second, do you wonder why the Democrats aren't making these claims? Because they are flat out FALSE!!!!

Yes, it's legal for President Trump to hire his family as White house staff

DOJ releases overruled memos finding it illegal for presidents to appoint relatives

In fact, many former Presidents have done it

Fact check: Have presidents before Donald Trump appointed family members to White House positions?

And as far as his business dealings? Again, FALSE!!!

Donald Trump Can Legally Run His Company From the Oval Office

Can a U.S. President Remain in Business Once in Office?

Trump says won't divest from his business while president

Now, is it ethical? Well, that's another discussion. But it isn't an impeachable offense.

Got anything else? Even the Democrats dog-and-pony show today with the Robert Mueller testimony turned up nothing. Former FBI Director Robert Mueller says nothing reached an impeachable level.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but please do a little research before posting false claims. It took me all of 30 seconds to Google it and I came up with pages and pages of links to refute your claims.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have a question. What does Russia gain by having Trump as president over having Hillary? You would think after the hours of deflected questions by Muller today someone would ask that. He did in fact say tha Russia interfered in 2016, and that they are doing so even now, but what do they gain? Because I'm sure that if Russia did in fact interfere it would have had to cost Trump, or the US something.
Maybe I just don't see it, or maybe that has not come to light, but whatever the case that should be the main question on everyone's mind.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Hey @D'Snowth, is your father still able to drive at all? I hate to see him out of work. My uncle and one of my best friends are both truckers, and both of them are telling me their companies have more work than drivers.
There has been some talk that eventually truckers will be replaced by robots. That might happen someday, but not tomorrow.Not after last year when they introduced driverless cars that caused a number of fatal accidents.
Trucking still is the backbone of this country.Every time you go to the store and get any groceries that came from anywhere besides your hometown, a truck brought it there.
So there is work out there, and trucking firms are hiring.