Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Old Thunder

Reaction score

Stumbled upon this video. It's a great little* breakdown of why Ben Shapiro really shouldn't be the right-wing bombshell that he is.

*Read: long-***.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This must be fake news:

I mean, why would Trump supporters eat at a Mexican restaurant? Then again, there's a Chinese restaurant I frequent that tends to see a lot of business from @LittleJerry92's favorite type of Trump supporters (the fat, grubby, toothless, redneck type). You'd think not only would the food be "too un-American" for them, but that they'd get upset at the staff for not speaking English well enough to their liking.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
This must be fake news:

I mean, why would Trump supporters eat at a Mexican restaurant? Then again, there's a Chinese restaurant I frequent that tends to see a lot of business from @LittleJerry92's favorite type of Trump supporters (the fat, grubby, toothless, redneck type). You'd think not only would the food be "too un-American" for them, but that they'd get upset at the staff for not speaking English well enough to their liking.
That'll show 'em.

Seriously though, this is exactly what's wrong with politics and our country today. It's just silly and petty stuff. If we can't even accept a tip from a Trump supporter how are we ever to solve our bigger problems, you know, like immigration, the disparity between the rich and the poor,, veteran's benefits, healthcare(!!!), gun violence, education, etc.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Oh trust me, I really hate that with people myself, and I’m glad you brought that up.

I really hate it when there are people out there with a huge ego who think life will just hand them whatever kind of career they want, and are upset when they find out the truth.

For instance - this is a common pet peeve I have with people who want to get into voice acting (such as myself) who just think “Oh, I can do funny voices! This job is PERFECT for me!” No. Do some research on it like taking acting classes, finding a good agent, learning about rejections, etc.

And just recently we were dealing with a user on the Muppetcentral discord who had a huge ego with puppetry who clearly did not do any research on it and pretty much tried changing the topics when we told him the honest truth. Because he tried hiding from it.

Personally, I think the worst thing to happen to anyone is someone who works hard and does lots of research just for their dream to be turned down. That’s where I can really sympathize with people. But those who just think they can get whatever they want in life and then play the victim card when they’re told otherwise are annoying.
Unfortunately some of that mentality was bred over the last 20 years. When everybody gets a participation trophy, sports teams have no winners or losers because competition is considered bad. In school every kid makes the honor roll.
All my life, I got what I got by busting my butt for it. It makes me mad too when people cheat, cut in line, don't play by the rules, or get ahead without paying their dues.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This must be fake news:

Then some of these people ought to come to New York sometime. You have every ethnicity, race, color, creed, faith, and language on earth here. And food brings people together. The person next to you might not share your politics, but you both still have to eat.
And the ethnic diversity she what makes New York great. You can sample the wares from every corner of the globe.
What do Trump supporters eat? Mayonnaise sandwiches on white bread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ooh. . . .

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: they're spending too much time playing Trump's game. In fact, they're wasting time doing this . . . Pelosi is the worst offender, basically just lowering to Trump's level of petty immaturity and trying to out-Trump him . . . this isn't what we voted them in in 2018 for - they're supposed to be the solution to the problem, not making it worse.

MWoO

Reaction score
Ooh. . . .

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: they're spending too much time playing Trump's game. In fact, they're wasting time doing this . . . Pelosi is the worst offender, basically just lowering to Trump's level of petty immaturity and trying to out-Trump him . . . this isn't what we voted them in in 2018 for - they're supposed to be the solution to the problem, not making it worse.
Its almost like all they did was trick you with anti Trump rhetoric and make false promises just so they could gain power....