Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So your definition of sin is an action that hurts other people? Just trying to get some clarification
No, I'm saying God considers no one sin worse than another - regardless of how henious or horrendous it may be - yet a lot of His followers seem to have their own sliding scale of what kinds of sin are worse than others.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
No, I'm saying God considers no one sin worse than another - regardless of how henious or horrendous it may be - yet a lot of His followers seem to have their own sliding scale of what kinds of sin are worse than others.
I don't know, again when we talk about homosexuality or murder most of the preachers I know who preach against homosexuality would also preach aginst abortion. Which they would consider murder, and also a sin. With that type of preaching it's as simple as black and white, or good verses evil.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, I've known pastors and preachers who equate homosexuality to abortion, and even genocide, on the grounds that it takes one male and one female to bring life into the world, so since two men or two women can't bring life into the world, that contributes to genocide.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Then there's also this:

I was an unpaid intern when I worked at PBS 14-15 years ago. I remember after quite a bit of time had passed, I tried to talk to one of my supervisors (not really sure if calling him a supervisor in the correct term, but he was generally the one put in charge of putting me to work) about the possibility of me moving up to a part-time position, and yes, getting paid for it. He just laughed at me.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Interesting, my question is being adverted. Let me try and word it another way in a more broad sense. If I dissagree with the way a person chooses to live his or her life, but still show them kindness respect and love does that make me a hater of that person, and if so why?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Well for starters, what is there to disagree about here? If I said I disagree with your being straight, would that have any effect on you? Would it make you not be straight? Wouldn’t it just be plainly stupid and ignorant on my part?

D'Snowth

Reaction score

I've expressed my disdain for Democrats on the abortion subject before, but what strikes me about this article is how it points out a lot of Democrats feel the need to adapt to Trump's style of politics, when they really shouldn't . . . that's exactly what Nancy Pelosi has been doing all this time, and it's just giving the entire Democratic Party a black eye for it.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Then there's also this:

I was an unpaid intern when I worked at PBS 14-15 years ago. I remember after quite a bit of time had passed, I tried to talk to one of my supervisors (not really sure if calling him a supervisor in the correct term, but he was generally the one put in charge of putting me to work) about the possibility of me moving up to a part-time position, and yes, getting paid for it. He just laughed at me.
Then that says PBS wasn’t the place for you. Not all unpaid internships are like that, but yes, some also are sadly.