Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This verse does not use the word sin but abomination.
Jude 1 5-8
Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lordat one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celest

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So my question is if I believe that homosexuality is an "abomination" but still show them love. Dose that make me a homophobe?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What I don't understand is God sees all sin as equally bad: there is no one sin He considers worse or more evil over others . . . so why act like homosexuality is the absolute most evil thing and the utmost worst sin there's ever been in the history of all of mankind? In fact . . . who are they even hurting anyway? Murderers take innocent lives that can't be replaced; thieves rob people of the things they own; who are gay people hurting when they hook up with somebody of their same gender?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What I don't understand is God sees all sin as equally bad: there is no one sin He considers worse or more evil over others . . . so why act like homosexuality is the absolute most evil thing and the utmost worst sin there's ever been in the history of all of mankind? In fact . . . who are they even hurting anyway? Murderers take innocent lives that can't be replaced; thieves rob people of the things they own; who are gay people hurting when they hook up with somebody of their same gender?
My best guess is that it's more promoted, or out there in the world, and want to be accepted. That's just a theory I have nothing to base that off of.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So your definition of sin is an action that hurts other people? Just trying to get some clarification

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Of course it should become acceptable in society to be gay, or trans, etc. It has no way of hurting anybody except for the people who engage in it.