Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
ASo many on the left say Trump is a racist for his stand on illegal immigrants. But do you know who really resent illegal immigrants?
Immigrants who came here LEGALLY.
Those who paid their dues, waited their turn, and did not break the law to come here.
I dare anybody to find any other country on earth that will open their borders to anyone and everyone, people with no ID, no visible means of support, and be entitled to all kinds of government subsidies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, Trump is racist for more than just his stand on illegal immigrants . . . I mean here's a so-called "President" who has mocked and belittled black people for fighting for their rights and protesting police brutality and the hate groups by calling them "sons-of-*******" while calling the people who belong to such hate groups (like KKK, White Supremacy, Aryan Brotherhood) "some very fine people."

Speaking of which, here's a delightful new quote from my very-Republican dad:
"I don't care what anybody else says, all you have to do is look at history: whenever blacks move in, there goes the whole neighborhood. They move in and destroy their houses, then all they do is go out and stand on the corners drinking beers, makin' babies, then dumpin' each other, and that's how we end up getting ghettos."

MWoO

Reaction score
Oh, Trump is racist for more than just his stand on illegal immigrants . . . I mean here's a so-called "President" who has mocked and belittled black people for fighting for their rights and protesting police brutality and the hate groups by calling them "sons-of-*******" while calling the people who belong to such hate groups (like KKK, White Supremacy, Aryan Brotherhood) "some very fine people."

Speaking of which, here's a delightful new quote from my very-Republican dad:
"I don't care what anybody else says, all you have to do is look at history: whenever blacks move in, there goes the whole neighborhood. They move in and destroy their houses, then all they do is go out and stand on the corners drinking beers, makin' babies, then dumpin' each other, and that's how we end up getting ghettos."
Oh I get it now. You are projecting your feelings about your dad onto every other republican. Now it makes sense.

FYI, when Trump said there were fine people on both sides, he specifically said he was not talking about the KKK members. That part didn't make it into the sound bite though.

Also, as someone who lives in NYC and travels through mostly black neighborhoods, there is a stark difference between a black neighborhood, a mixed neighborhood, a Jewish neighborhood, and a white neighborhood. I see the transitions on my 2 hour bus trip to and from work, basically seeing all of Brooklyn on the way. Is it racist to literally see what is in front of me?

Does this mean that all black people are awful? Of course not. Saying that any black person moving into a neighborhood causes the downfall of that area is obviously wrong. But, majority black neighborhoods in NYC tend to be riddles with drunks, drugs, and crime. They just are.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The undeniable problems in the black community existed long before Trump showed up.
My dad had the same opinion as Snowthy's dad, but that never sat well with me. I started to research why blacks seem to be in a perpetual state of crime, poverty, social failure, etc.
So much of it can be traced back to the breakdown of the family unit.
Children (especially boys) growing up without a strong father figure. Decline in church. Glorifying violence in rap, movies, and tv.
If Trump got impeached tomorrow, the problems in the black community will not get up and fly away.
Do we need to heal racism? Absolutely. But the rot in the black community needs healing too.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Muppet Central’s deletion policy is a sham, we need more staff members. Back when we got the update a lot of us were hoping that this would kick Philip back into being a really engaging admin, but I guess not. Sad jams.

MWoO

Reaction score
And this is what happens when you engage a troll. Would have been nice if it wasnt a blank deletion though.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
True, yes, but you have to admit, Charlie did provide us with some unusual entertainment for a couple of weeks. That being said, clearly he was a troll, so I guess there was no sense in keeping his manifesto alive any longer.
Unless he's been 100% banned he'll be back with his manifesto.