Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That penalty sounds severe, but I can see where she's coming from.
In this country freedom of speech is protected by the First Amendment of the Constitution, and that even extends to burning the flag.
However, I think a lot of people would think twice about doing that if they realized how many millions have died to defend your rights.
If you wanna see quicker results, try going to Japan. Protest some anime you don't like burn a Japanese flag, and see how fast you get deported or thrown in jail.
Ask Paul McCartney, who got busted for weed back in 1980. Had to cancel a Japanese tour, 12 days in jail, THEN deported. Just for possession of weed. Burning their flag might have had more serious consequences.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So Virginia's Lt. Governor who was accused of sexual assault by two women sees it as a positive. What a jerk

Fairfax 'thinking very seriously about run for governor, says scandal has raised his public profile

Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax said Thursday that he is “very hopeful about the future” and “thinking very seriously” about a gubernatorial run in 2021.

Fairfax, who faces sexual assault allegations by two women, said the scandal has raised his public profile for good.

“Many people a year ago would not have recognized me, now they really do,” Fairfax said. “People come up to me at gas stations, they say, ‘Hey, we recognize you. We love you. We know what they are saying about you is false.’ ”

Fairfax 'thinking very seriously' about run for governor, says scandal has raised his public profile

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Trump attacking Fox? Trump calling Fox "fake news"?!

Does this mean the Apocalypse is finally happening, pigs are learning how to fly, Satan is ice-skating to work, and MuppetsRule hooked up with the Stuckey's waitress instead of me?!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Would you rather have CNN?

But, there's also Washington Post:

Deadline News:

The Observer:

The Daily Beast:

And some source called Mother Jones:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don’t think CNN is fake, I just think they’re biased. But fair enough, I see this is legit now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What would be funny is if his base of mindless sheep end up turning on Fox as well because he's slamming them for "fake news."

Then again, knowing Fox, I'm surprised they didn't try to doctor the results to show that Trump is actually ahead in the polls numbers.

EDIT: Now Trump is saying he wants to make Iran great again (for some reason) . . . when is he going to make America great again? He implies that he already has by his 2020 campaign slogan: "Keep America great."

Last edited: