Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So, heh, that NY Attorney General just resigned over the abuse allegations, and tons of Democrats on social media are frantically insisting this was all a set up. Even women are now going “I support MeToo but....” Eerie echoes of Republicans defending Roy Moore.

There is no difference between the two parties. None. Partisanship is all that matters. Any principle is up for sale.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
So, heh, that NY Attorney General just resigned over the abuse allegations, and tons of Democrats on social media are frantically insisting this was all a set up. Even women are now going “I support MeToo but....” Eerie echoes of Republicans defending Roy Moore.

There is no difference between the two parties. None. Partisanship is all that matters. Any principle is up for sale.
Which Democrats? I've only seen them grilling him all day. Behind the scenes, however, the Dems in his office reportedly told his accusers to stay quiet. That's terrible. I hope the accusers name their names too!! The truth is that sexual abuse has no partisanship. How it's dealt with once the charges come out, at least these days, is the only difference. Trump brags about actively raping women on tape, well, that's just locker room talk (as if he's some big jock). Al Franken does some tasteless jokes and forces a clearly unwanted kiss and attention on a woman, his resignation is demanded by nearly every Democrat. This was not a set up! No Democrat on TV and no reporter from any network is saying that today. This guy's gone. He's toast and he will not be coming back. Roy Moore, on the other hand, still has some lingering supporters and probably always will.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Which Democrats? I've only seen them grilling him all day. Behind the scenes, however, the Dems in his office reportedly told his accusers to stay quiet. That's terrible. I hope the accusers name their names too!! The truth is that sexual abuse has no partisanship. How it's dealt with once the charges come out, at least these days, is the only difference. Trump brags about actively raping women on tape, well, that's just locker room talk (as if he's some big jock). Al Franken does some tasteless jokes and forces a clearly unwanted kiss and attention on a woman, his resignation is demanded by nearly every Democrat. This was not a set up! No Democrat on TV and no reporter from any network is saying that today. This guy's gone. He's toast and he will not be coming back. Roy Moore, on the other hand, still has some lingering supporters and probably always will.
To be clear, I meant regular people on social media, not pundits or anything.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
To be clear, I meant regular people on social media, not pundits or anything.
Oh, then yeah. 100% with ya. Those are all wingnuts. Going by Facebook, most gay people (not my perspnal friends, of course) are mean and petty. OMG, some of the comments on LGBT publications. No matter what the group, churchgoers, gay folk, republicans, democrats, most social media responders are troglodytes. LOL.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh, then yeah. 100% with ya. Those are all wingnuts. Going by Facebook, most gay people (not my perspnal friends, of course) are mean and petty. OMG, some of the comments on LGBT publications. No matter what the group, churchgoers, gay folk, republicans, democrats, most social media responders are troglodytes. LOL.
Well also on CNN this morning it was reported that some of the friends of Schneiderman's victims warned them not to tattle because he does so many good things for the party. Horrifying, but not at all surprising. Shades of Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Roy Moore, Trump, and so many others, from both parties. And how many monsters are still in government that we don't know about because they "do good things for the party"? This is why nowadays I have to laugh a little when I'm lectured about the virtues of voting. It's long past being any kind of virtue. We don't know these people, and the party system ensures that we never do, until it's too late.