Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
It was. I couldn't help but poke at it a little.

No, in fairness, I know the left had its share of dislikes for Bernie. Personally, I would have picked him over Hillary but that's just me.
If he'd been the nominee, I'd have voted for him, but I was very proud to vote for Hillary too.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Apparently Joy Reid is in trouble again. Part of free speech is accountability and allowing the market to decide your fate in America. If she truly made these statements, she should address them, stand by them, or apologize for them. Deception, as a journalist in this time of fake news, is not okay! It's also important we accept apologies when people admit fault. I accepted her apology in December, but this now appears to be part of a larger pattern of Reid devising excuses for latent homophobia and perpetuating harmful stereotypes. Her claims of hacking do not ring true. I enjoy her program and the fact that such a strong black woman has a powerful voice in mainstream media, so her alleged homophobic past greatly saddens me. If she is held accountable, however, her colleagues, regardless of race and gender, must be held equally accountable.
Joy Reid makes Melissa Harris-Perry look moderate, lol. If she ends up leaving I'm fine with it. That said, her supposed blog post wasn't the worst I've ever seen. Immature, sure. But I wouldn't call it anti gay. But, if other people can get railroaded for political incorrectness, she can too I suppose. The left made its bed, and now has to lie in it.

In other words, our society has a way of giving white celebrities a pass for their homophobia that minorities do not always receive.
Giving white liberal celebrities a pass perhaps. And most of the time the left doesn't want to talk about minorities having such opinions.

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No, in fairness, I know the left had its share of dislikes for Bernie. Personally, I would have picked him over Hillary but that's just me.
That would have been difficult for me because Bernie was even more extreme on abortion than usual for the left, and Hillary just ended up copying him. Plus, while the idea of free education sounds awesome, I'm not comfortable with the government having a say in what's taught in school.

IMO, there was no one I could possibly be proud to vote for this time around. Most times around, to be fair, lol.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Erroneous claims? Lol, ehhhh, sorry, but that article is already starting off on the wrong foot for me. Yes, Wolf WAS mocking Sanders’ appearance. To deny this is just as post-truth as anything a Trump supporter could muster. Are we as a society not capable of holding two thoughts in our heads at the same time? The left can take Sanders to task for her double talk while STILL acknowledging that some people (like Wolf) take it too far. It’s not rocket science, people. This is the usual nonsense where the left would rather pass a kidney stone than ever admit they could possibly be anything less than demi gods (secularly speaking of course :stick_out_tongue:). All they’re doing is adding to the corsening of the culture, hiding behind the laughable claim that they’re standing up for “truth.”

Plus, the language of this article is just awful. Collaborating with the enemy? Ehhh, I’m sorry, but Trump is not the Roman Empire. To make such a comparison is typical spoiled American BS. Yes, Trump’s attitude and general incompetence is undermining the office of the President. Duh. But you know what? Referring to him and his supporters as “the enemy” is doing the exact same kind of long term damage to this country. Whether you like it or not, Trump supporters are part of this nation. They are not our enemy. They are part of us. If we lose that, we lose everything.

And yeah, I’m just going to say it, since when does the left give a crap what a pastor has to say? Oh yes, only when it’s yet another tired, cowardly opportunity to bash Christianity. They don’t care about the state of Sanders’ soul. They care about the next opportunity to mock the very idea she has one.

You know what scares me? That the left might actually win the next election.

(Not to mention, this is barely an article. It’s some guy letting us know some other guy has a blog. Internet journalism at its finest, this is why they continue to lose ad revenue, lol.)
You get the post of the year award. Bravo!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
IMO, there was no one I could possibly be proud to vote for this time around. Most times around, to be fair, lol.
Well, in fairness, no one's flawless at the end of the day. There's always gonna be some bumps on the road with whoever is running for election. Some of my conservative friends who voted for Trump even said themselves they have their issues with him (I'm guessing stuff like his views with women and whatnot).

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Indeed. Because just about everybody on the left wanted Bernie . . . or, they supposedly did . . . I mean, I rarely saw any support for Hillary, but everybody seemed to love and want Bernie.
Not really. Many Hillary supporters were reserved and didn't want to mess with Bernie's rather rabid fringe supporters. Not me, however. I liked both and would have gladly voted for Bernie. Hillary, however, was my first choice. I felt like he wouldn't be willing to compromise as much as she would and this nation was built on compromise.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, in fairness, no one's flawless at the end of the day. There's always gonna be some bumps on the road with whoever is running for election. Some of my conservative friends who voted for Trump even said themselves they have their issues with him (I'm guessing stuff like his views with women and whatnot).
Here's the thing, more and more I suspect the type of people who would run for office are a bit screwed up in one way or another. The kind of ego and ambition that is required for the job is not entirely normal, and can easily turn ugly. Further, having such a personality does not guarantee acumen or strength of character. And this has been true long before Trump came around. I think one has to be cautious before viewing any politician as a hero (or heroine).

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Here's the thing, more and more I suspect the type of people who would run for office are a bit screwed up in one way or another. The kind of ego and ambition that is required for the job is not entirely normal, and can easily turn ugly. Further, having such a personality does not guarantee acumen or strength of character. And this has been true long before Trump came around. I think one has to be cautious before viewing any politician as a hero (or heroine).
You've just described showbusiness - and it has been said that "politics is Hollywood for ugly people." Not my quote, but fitting.