Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
It appears that Ted Cruz has some competition. The Democrat, Beto O’Rourke, running against him has visited nearly every county he represents, even the ones with little power in the large scheme of things. Everyone in the Senate, regardless of party, hates Cruz. Heck, I went to school with him. He's terrible. He's a narcissist with no heart, no soul, and no interest in anything or anyone but himself. He even threw his wife under the bus in order to further his career under Trump's reign. The funny thing is, Beto O’Rourke is leading in many poles and has challenged Ted to some debates - some in Spanish in order to help Spanish speaking Texans. The one problem. Cruz barely speaks Spanish. He just uses his last name as a shield against charges of racism. Woooow! Maybe he can brush up on that before the debates. I doubt it, though.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Now that President Trump has retained the services of President Clinton's impeachment attorney (how's that for draining the swamp?), here are the things that most Democrats hope will happen. Each one is a leap, but politics often happens in leaps.

• Trump is deposed.
  • Trump is eventually found guilty (for one or more of a myriad of things).
  • The Dems gain more Congressional control after the midterms.
  • Trump is impeached sometime late next year.
  • Trump is removed from office.
  • Pence takes office as the 46th President of the US once it's a lame duck Presidency and Dems have more pull in Congress.
  • Dems nominate a good Presidential candidate who actually wins.
  • Free college. Advancement in LTBTQ rights. Greater income equality. Restore public school policies that DeVos stripped away. Get back on track with green energy and environmental efforts. More care and support for fogotten places like Flint and Puerto Rico. RBG can finally retire. Much damage, all around, is corrected. US life is improved for the working class.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It appears that Ted Cruz has some competition. The Democrat, Beto O’Rourke, running against him has visited nearly every county he represents, even the ones with little power in the large scheme of things. Everyone in the Senate, regardless of party, hates Cruz. Heck, I went to school with him. He's terrible. He's a narcissist with no heart, no soul, and no interest in anything or anyone but himself. He even threw his wife under the bus in order to further his career under Trump's reign. The funny thing is, Beto O’Rourke is leading in many poles and has challenged Ted to some debates - some in Spanish in order to help Spanish speaking Texans. The one problem. Cruz barely speaks Spanish. He just uses his last name as a shield against charges of racism. Woooow! Maybe he can brush up on that before the debates. I doubt it, though.
Jeb Bush used to do the same thing- rattle off a few Spanish phrases to give the Latinos in Florida the impression he's on their side.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now that President Trump has retained the services of President Clinton's impeachment attorney (how's that for draining the swamp?), here are the things that most Democrats hope will happen. Each one is a leap, but politics often happens in leaps.

• Trump is deposed.
  • Trump is eventually found guilty (for one or more of a myriad of things).
  • The Dems gain more Congressional control after the midterms.
  • Trump is impeached sometime late next year.
  • Trump is removed from office.
  • Pence takes office as the 46th President of the US once it's a lame duck Presidency and Dems have more pull in Congress.
  • Dems nominate a good Presidential candidate who actually wins.
  • Free college. Advancement in LTBTQ rights. Greater income equality. Restore public school policies that DeVos stripped away. Get back on track with green energy and environmental efforts. More care and support for fogotten places like Flint and Puerto Rico. RBG can finally retire. Much damage, all around, is corrected. US life is improved for the working class.
Gotta respect that optimism.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Can I just say I love how this Evangelical pastor actually spells out what the problem with Christianity in America is, and actually calls Sarah Sanders out on it?

https://washingtonpress.com/2018/05...ng-open-letter-to-huckabee-sanders-and-trump/
Erroneous claims? Lol, ehhhh, sorry, but that article is already starting off on the wrong foot for me. Yes, Wolf WAS mocking Sanders’ appearance. To deny this is just as post-truth as anything a Trump supporter could muster. Are we as a society not capable of holding two thoughts in our heads at the same time? The left can take Sanders to task for her double talk while STILL acknowledging that some people (like Wolf) take it too far. It’s not rocket science, people. This is the usual nonsense where the left would rather pass a kidney stone than ever admit they could possibly be anything less than demi gods (secularly speaking of course :stick_out_tongue:). All they’re doing is adding to the corsening of the culture, hiding behind the laughable claim that they’re standing up for “truth.”

Plus, the language of this article is just awful. Collaborating with the enemy? Ehhh, I’m sorry, but Trump is not the Roman Empire. To make such a comparison is typical spoiled American BS. Yes, Trump’s attitude and general incompetence is undermining the office of the President. Duh. But you know what? Referring to him and his supporters as “the enemy” is doing the exact same kind of long term damage to this country. Whether you like it or not, Trump supporters are part of this nation. They are not our enemy. They are part of us. If we lose that, we lose everything.

And yeah, I’m just going to say it, since when does the left give a crap what a pastor has to say? Oh yes, only when it’s yet another tired, cowardly opportunity to bash Christianity. They don’t care about the state of Sanders’ soul. They care about the next opportunity to mock the very idea she has one.

You know what scares me? That the left might actually win the next election.

(Not to mention, this is barely an article. It’s some guy letting us know some other guy has a blog. Internet journalism at its finest, this is why they continue to lose ad revenue, lol.)

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
*Spell check, that should be coarsening of the culture. :smile:

And btw, you might be thinking, “But CA, that pastor isn’t part of the left.” And that is true, and I applaud his attempt to deprogram his fellow evangelicals. But that’s the thing, that’s something their own community needs to figure out, on their own terms, how much they’re going to let politics influence their religion, and vice versa. They don’t need the left piping in with their own agenda. They aren’t part of this discussion.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And yeah, I’m just going to say it, since when does the left give a crap what a pastor has to say? Oh yes, only when it’s yet another tired, cowardly opportunity to bash Christianity.
Once again, the left doesn't "bash Christianity," they call people like Trump, Sanders, and others out on their hypocrisy in the name of Christ. That's what that pastor's letter was all about.