Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
It is frustrating when Christians forget about the Gospels. It's also frustrating when atheists do the same.

It's true that she was "not ready for prom"? :skeptical:

He who exalts himself, shall be humbled.

Like I've said before, atheists follow the Bible exactly like the religious right, which is the problem.

Oh if you think a cat is high maintenance, try a dog! :sympathy: Three jobs is definitely a challenge though I imagine. The closest I've gotten was grad school at the same time as a full time job.
Not exalting. Honest. I do it poorly, but I do it. I put the effort in everyday that the most vocal Christians (on the media/political stage) do not. That's the point. To try. Few people make the effort. The effort doesn't have to be perfect, but it just has to be present. That's it. And it's not really all that hard. One has to first get over themselves, like the Huckabees. They're too focused on mugging for the cameras, telling lies, and hocking books to care about the impact any of their behavior has on real people. Real connection. That's the point. It's EASY PEASY to connect to others who are different than we are. SO EASY!!!! But few people do these days. It's actually harder to come up with excuses for not doing it. I connect with Trump supporters in real life on a daily basis, even then hug the wretched creatures (that's a joke) and they hug me back (the wretched creature they believe me to be too). Too many folk are content in their own pain that "nobody else understands...waaaah!!!" but I've never played that game. The first thing I'd do if I met her or her terrible father is to try to connect and appeal to their better nature. Not one of religion or politics, but of humanity and people. When people lose that humanity and the capability to be honest and connect when one-on-one, they're usually too lost for anything but professional help.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
the Huckabees. They're too focused on mugging for the cameras, telling lies, and hocking books to care about the impact any of their behavior has on real people.
I would say that about most politicians and their staff (and yes, as usual, both parties). In this case, the problem is Trump is clearly so incompetent, but for the moment, the Republicans think they need to humor him or they'll lose the voters.

even then hug the wretched creatures (that's a joke)
And much funnier than Wolf's routine. :wink:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Starting the second of four parts of my day. Ugh. Challenges getting a little harder. I'm taking a very brief, but deep, breath before digging in a little more. That's all we can do. I seldom admit such challenges, but all the pride goes out the window on days like today. Most people in the world find what the bare minimum is for any task and then skate by doing just under that. Some days I wish I'd allow myself to be one of these people, but then I wouldn't have what I have. It's not much, but the idea of having less than that is frightening!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Most people in the world find what the bare minimum is for any task and then skate by doing just under that. Some days I wish I'd allow myself to be one of these people, but then I wouldn't have what I have. It's not much, but the idea of having less than that is frightening!
Well just don't work yourself into an early grave or anything.