Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Angela Mae

Reaction score
Who wants to live in an unpoliced world, where thugs like Putin and the Chinese Politburo do as they please? I don't. I'm not in favour of Cheney-Rumsfeld unilateralism, but I am in favour of US-led multilateralist policing, as we had under Clinton.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If Trump actually went to prison, those liberals wouldn’t know what to do with their lives. They live for their daily CNN update about how screwed Trump is, there's no way he'll actually be locked up , at least in my opinion.
Well, I still don't think he'll do jail time but wow, never expected to actually see him in court

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, I still don't think he'll do jail time but wow, never expected to actually see him in court
I’d say it’s honestly an either or situation…. I personally would like to see him do jail time but it’s also very likely it won’t happen either. But it’s not worth throwing a hissy fit over like so many liberals like to do whenever Trump evades a situation.

Angela Mae

Reaction score
How many times have I pointed out to our friends on the left that the Refugee Convention of 1951 does not say what they all go on saying that it says?

Does anyone change their mind as a result of my remonstrations?

No, because the left is so emotionally committed to their narrative on this issue that they are impervious to contradictory facts.

Such, sadly, is human nature.

Angela Mae

Reaction score
most of the cogs in Hitler's murder machinery were ordinary people not monsters. They went home each night and were hugged by their little young daughter in her dress and clutching her teddy bear... that's part of why a lot of people don't want to face that part of it.

torturers in today's China, Burma and Hun Sen's Cambodia etc. are also ordinary people doing their job. The banality of evil is far scarier than any Freddy Krueger.

It's why William March's fictional creation Rhoda Penmark is so powerful, as, aside from murdering people, she's a perfectly normal obedient and respectful young lady of the mid 1950s.