Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
1. I never said that. 2. You have zero source for that.

I actually do have a source though, a very liberal one actually. NBC News reports that only 7 have rejoined their families since Biden took office and that more than 2,100 have NOT been reunified. Source.

And even if he did reunite some kids with their families, how does that excuse him from putting them in the same terrible conditions as previous administrations?
There you go with the FACTS again

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A high percentage of kids actually had no families to be separated from.
Many were sent on the trek up here by themselves, or under the guise of child smugglers. Which makes them more vulnerable to abuse and exploitation because their parents are nowhere to be found. The parents are not separated at the he border, the parents are back home in El Salvador.

I think the notion of sending a chid thousands of miles, alerting them fend for themselves is appalling.

I don’t know how effective building a wall was, but then again, Nancy Pelosi has one protecting her house so there are no aliens or homeless in her backyard.

But having Biden announce to the world, “Come on in, folks! The border is open and nothing will stop you coming in!” was an invitation for chaos. Of course everyone will want to come. Biden and Jen Psaki seem to be the only ones surprised so many showed up.

It’s like having a store and telling everyone on the street “Hey, everything’s free! No charge!”If you guess d you’d have a mob scene, Ding! You win the case of Turtle Wax.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
A high percentage of kids actually had no families to be separated from.
Many were sent on the trek up here by themselves, or under the guise of child smugglers. Which makes them more vulnerable to abuse and exploitation because their parents are nowhere to be found. The parents are not separated at the he border, the parents are back home in El Salvador.

I think the notion of sending a chid thousands of miles, alerting them fend for themselves is appalling.

I don’t know how effective building a wall was, but then again, Nancy Pelosi has one protecting her house so there are no aliens or homeless in her backyard.

But having Biden announce to the world, “Come on in, folks! The border is open and nothing will stop you coming in!” was an invitation for chaos. Of course everyone will want to come. Biden and Jen Psaki seem to be the only ones surprised so many showed up.

It’s like having a store and telling everyone on the street “Hey, everything’s free! No charge!”If you guess d you’d have a mob scene, Ding! You win the case of Turtle Wax.
I have mixed feelings on how the administration is handling it. It's been a disaster so far and how VP Harris has been put in charge of the crisis and NOT visited the boarder is beyond me. I will give them credit for trying to work with Mexico and Guatemala to get them to help in the first place.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The thing is I’m pretty much indifferent to illegal immigration now with the fact that our country was rightfully stolen from Native American folks to begin with.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One myth that contradicts history was that Columbus landed and committed mass genocide of the Native tribes. Many died from diseases the Spanish brought over. After Columbus, most of the natives of Mexico were wiped out by Cortez in the 1540’s, fifty years after Columbus.
Another myth was that the Native tribes all lived in harmony. Unfortunately that’s not completely true. Out West in Arizona for generations there were bloody wars between the Navajo and Apache. And get this, if you want your mom nd blown.
Even Native tribes had slaves. Let that sink in.

i sucked at math, but when it came to History, Civics and Geography, I held my own.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
One myth that contradicts history was that Columbus landed and committed mass genocide of the Native tribes. Many died from diseases the Spanish brought over. After Columbus, most of the natives of Mexico were wiped out by Cortez in the 1540’s, fifty years after Columbus.
Another myth was that the Native tribes all lived in harmony. Unfortunately that’s not completely true. Out West in Arizona for generations there were bloody wars between the Navajo and Apache. And get this, if you want your mom nd blown.
Even Native tribes had slaves. Let that sink in.

i sucked at math, but when it came to History, Civics and Geography, I held my own.
So if one tribe wanted more land, how did they acquire it then?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Sometimes they fought for it. Five hundred years ago, of course, most of this country was open frontiers, but Native tribes still had territorial disputes.if there was choice land, warring tribes would fight for it. Others became nomads and wandered, migrating south when winters came.
It is amazing to think, even if Native populations weren’t that big (some estimate in 1607 there were three million Indians over the entire continent), they covered a lot of ground. Just about every state has local tribes that lived there.
Around New Jersey, this is where theLenape Indians lived.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So if they fought for it, I guess some would see that as stealing it i suppose