Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That’s a depiction of Uncle Tom getting whipped by Simon LeGree. I’m surprised you could find any reference to Uncle Tom’s Cabin these days.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now, Florida has just basically followed Georgia's lead to make voting surpression legal, and I can just imagine a former friend of mine who absolutely worshipped the ground Trump walked on and recently moved to Florida a few years ago is probably getting her jollies off to this news right about now.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
And now, Florida has just basically followed Georgia's lead to make voting surpression legal, and I can just imagine a former friend of mine who absolutely worshipped the ground Trump walked on and recently moved to Florida a few years ago is probably getting her jollies off to this news right about now.
So, I'm still unclear as to what this and Georgia have done. Sounds like in the end it hurt Georgia with sports and movies, not wanting to do anything in the state.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And Texas just did the same too. Republicans continue to strip away our rights and our very democracy.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There is no thing as voter suppression. There is nothing illegal with showing a valid ID to vote. I’m old enough to remember when I needed one up here to vote.
In case some of you missed it the last time, let me remind you of other things you need a valid ID for.
Filling out a job application.
Boarding an airplane.
Registering and driving your car.
Checking into a hotel.
Cashing a check at a bank.
Returning an item at a store without a receipt.

How far do you want me to go?
The left’s attitude is actually condescending, thinking Black people aren’t smart enough to get an ID on their own.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
:sigh:

Another example of how a far superior country has become more and more infected by our own ********.

Do you even READ the stuff you post? Or is your reading comprehension really that ******* horrible?

So Canada is a far superior country, yet the top two cities in Asian-hate crime are Vancouver and Montreal?!!! And if you bothered reading the article, like actually putting words together and comprehending them, you'd see that Asian-hate has been a long simmering problem in Canada. Long before the pandemic.

Just a couple of paragraph's from the article:

Last year, more anti-Asian hate crimes were reported to police in Vancouver, a city of 700,000 people, than in the top 10 most populous U.S. cities combined. With almost 1 out of every 2 residents of Asian descent in British Columbia experiencing a hate incident in the past year, the region is confronting an undercurrent of racism that runs as long and deep as the historical links stretching across the Pacific.​
Covid-19 was the trigger. But the resentment had been building for decades. Few cities have been so visibly transformed by Asian immigration—and money—as Vancouver, a struggling industrial backwater that morphed into a glittering cosmopolis of luxury condos and designer boutiques. The disproportionate rash of incidents has raised an unsettling question: Maybe Vancouver isn’t the bastion of progressive multiculturalism it thinks it is.​
“Covid has just revealed what’s always been there,” says Trixie Ling, 38, a Taiwan-born immigrant who runs a nonprofit called Flavours of Hope that assists refugee women. She was accosted in May 2020 by a man who spewed a stream of racist and sexist insults before spitting in her face. “There is so much anti-Asian racism in our past that carries through.”​
In 2020, Vancouver police documented 98 anti-Asian hate crimes, an eightfold increase from the prior year. That was triple the number recorded in New York, which logged the most of any U.S. city, according to police data collected by the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University at San Bernardino.​
Yet history shows that British Columbia has a long, uneasy past in regard to Asian immigration. Vancouver came to exist as the Pacific Coast terminus of Canada’s first transcontinental railway—two Chinese workers died for every mile laid on the final treacherous stretch through the Rockies in the late 1800s, according to records at the University of British Columbia.

Historically, Canada’s worst excesses against Asian communities trace their roots to the region—from the hefty “head tax” Ottawa began levying in 1885 on every Chinese person entering the country, to a decades-long ban on Chinese immigration, to the forced internment of some 22,000 Japanese Canadians during World War II that, unlike in the U.S., also stripped families of their assets.​

I could go on and on but my Control+C and Control+P keys were getting worn out. The whole article is pretty much about Canada's loooooong past of Asian racism. The whole **** article!

This has now become Exhibit A of why your posts should just be ignored. And there are a lot of contenders.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
:sigh:

Another example of how a far superior country has become more and more infected by our own ********.

Ahem:

This happened in Canada (Vancouver I believe) in the summer of 2019. You’d be surprised to see how many racists there are in that country.