Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm still very confused about being called someone who is "white privilege". Yes I'm white but my life has been difficult. I haven't grown up with a lot of money, or opportunities to succeed simply because of my financial and physical limitations. I will admit I know nothing about being discriminated against because of my skin color, but I do know what it's like to be discriminated because of highth, vision, hearing, and deformed physical features on my face and hands. So I'm sorry, but I know my life and I know that I'm not this "white privilege" person.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I think being found guilty on all 3 counts was based on fear and pressure, not on the evidence. Based on the evidence, manslaughter for sure and a strong case for 3rd degree. 2nd? No, that wasn't based on the evidence. No evidence suggested Chauvin intended to kill Floyd. They found him guilty of 2nd degree because of public pressure and fear of being targeted like others involved in the case have been.

Maxine Waters called for more confrontational protests if the jury didn't come back with a 1st degree murder verdict (a verdict that is impossible since he wasn't charged with it).
I think a pretty good case can be made for intent to kill when he continues to kneel on the man's neck even after he passes out and even after bystanders plead for him to stop.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'm still very confused about being called someone who is "white privilege". Yes I'm white but my life has been difficult. I haven't grown up with a lot of money, or opportunities to succeed simply because of my financial and physical limitations. I will admit I know nothing about being discriminated against because of my skin color, but I do know what it's like to be discriminated because of highth, vision, hearing, and deformed physical features on my face and hands. So I'm sorry, but I know my life and I know that I'm not this "white privilege" person.
I'm not a big believer in the term "white privilege" and my background is very similar to yours. But the argument of "white privilege" is that you as a white person with these difficulties benefitted more than a black person would with these same difficulties. More opportunity in terms of financial assistance, better education opportunities, better healthcare, etc. are available to you than a black person. I dont necessarily buy that, but that is the argument for "white privilege".

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If any charge fit Derek Chauvin, it would be manslaughter. That would still cost him a number of years in jail.
But the left wouldn’t be satisfied with that.
Before the verdict was reached, Biden publicly hoped Chauvin would be found guilty.
Maxine Waters wanting riots and looting to continue if Chauvin got acquitted.
Nancy Pelosi all but canonized George Floyd.

Lke I said last week, I’ve been on juries before. But if my decision was not what the mob rule wanted, my life wasn’t threatened.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
If any charge fit Derek Chauvin, it would be manslaughter. That would still cost him a number of years in jail.
But the left wouldn’t be satisfied with that.
Before the verdict was reached, Biden publicly hoped Chauvin would be found guilty.
Maxine Waters wanting riots and looting to continue if Chauvin got acquitted.
Nancy Pelosi all but canonized George Floyd.

Lke I said last week, I’ve been on juries before. But if my decision was not what the mob rule wanted, my life wasn’t threatened.
I will give President Biden credit. He made it a point not to say anything until the jury was sequestered for deliberations.

Nancy Pelosi is an idiot. Thank you to George Floyd for sacrificing his life? Sacrifice? He was murdered! But when they continue to dance to your tune, why not play the next song?

And how are Maxine Watters comments any different than what President Trump was impeached for? She threw gas on a smoldering situation.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If they put him in a general population prison he will be dead within a week.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
And AOC saying justice wasn’t done. He got tried on all three counts, but she still didn’t get her pound of flesh.
(Read Shakespeare’s Merchant of Venice, and you’ll understand where the term “pound of flesh” comes from).
And she complained “If justice was done, Adam Toledo would be tucked in his bed tonight”.
First of all, if you’re 13, you’re a little old to be tucked into bed. And second, it still doesn’t explain what a 13-year-old is doing with a gun on the street at 2:30 in the morning.

Meanwhile over the weekend, in Minneapolis, a 3-year-old black girl was shot in a McDonald’s drive-through. Where’s the outrage over that? Not a peep.

And food for thought. After Maxine Waters’ comments, the judge may file an appeal to overturn Chauvin’s verdict.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You're "privileged" in the sense that because certain issues don't affect you personally, you act like they're not even issues at all (like COVID, for example) - that's pretty much the definition of "privilege" in this sense.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Fox News videos are still being pushed out the wazoo on YouTube right now (seriously, they have to be paying them to do this, because what other explanation could there be for Fox News videos to pop up literally everywhere on YouTube, even in recommended feeds on videos that have nothing to do with politics whatsoever, like pet videos and such?), and right now their coverage of the Derek Chauvin verdict - surprise, surprise, their upload has way more dislikes than likes, proving how racist Republicans really are.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And she complained “If justice was done, Adam Toledo would be tucked in his bed tonight”.
First of all, if you’re 13, you’re a little old to be tucked into bed.
It sounds like you're interpreting a figure of speech a little too literally.