Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly I really hate that Cardi B got a pass for what she did drugging those men and the fact that this is another instance society has the worst double standard with her in everything.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
To be honest, I get tired of "cancel culture" from whatever side it comes from. The whining about that WAP video is so stupid. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Same goes for those complaining about "racist" Dr. Seuss books. If you don't like it, don't read it. When did we decide that every random piece of media needs to be collectively attacked by a bunch of conservative or liberal talking-heads?

MWoO

Reaction score
To be honest, I get tired of "cancel culture" from whatever side it comes from. The whining about that WAP video is so stupid. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Same goes for those complaining about "racist" Dr. Seuss books. If you don't like it, don't read it. When did we decide that every random piece of media needs to be collectively attacked by a bunch of conservative or liberal talking-heads?
To be fair, I don't think anyone was calling for the 6 Dr. Seuss books to be "canceled". They did it on their own. What I do not get is why WAP was song of the year and why Cardi B. was the one chosen to interview Biden. It is weird how we are simultaneously in an era where we are told we should not view women as sexual objects, but we also are suppose to admire Cardi B. and legitimize her to the point where she interviews a presidential candidate … who was accused of sexual assault and no one cared.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's a weird mindset that despite living in a culture where objectifying women is frowned up, the more sexually provocative a woman is, the more "empowering" she's considered to womankid . . . like Bebe Rexha, for example: she definitely flaunts herself shamelessly with her giant bewbies spilling out of her tiny little tops, and her shorts that are practically tighty whiteys, and yet she's praised for empowering women (though she wondered why nobody wanted to dress her for the Grammy's last year).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
To be fair, I don't think anyone was calling for the 6 Dr. Seuss books to be "canceled". They did it on their own. What I do not get is why WAP was song of the year and why Cardi B. was the one chosen to interview Biden. It is weird how we are simultaneously in an era where we are told we should not view women as sexual objects, but we also are suppose to admire Cardi B. and legitimize her to the point where she interviews a presidential candidate … who was accused of sexual assault and no one cared.
I do like rap music but I'm not exactly a Cardi B fan. Her interview with Biden was so cringe-worthy to watch, she clearly didn't know what she was talking about and almost sounded like a kid telling Santa her wish-list.

As far as Biden goes, it's crazy how he's immune to the Me-Too movement. I mean the guy is on camera being super inappropriate and has a ton of allegations too. Plus, there was actually some concrete evidence regarding Tara Reade's situation. She claimed her mother called into a Larry King show to tell King about the incident and there actually was a video of it in the archives.